NFC Tags: Do/will you use them or not?

Do you use (or plan to use) NFC tags?

• Total voters

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Just curious how the members here are with NFC tags. As for me, I haven't decided yet. If I find a good use for them, I might.

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been using them for a few days and I find them useful for changing my settings for bedtime,car,work,and home

It's a Phone, it's a Tablet, It's a Phablet

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I plan on using them. They seem handy. But there are so many different kinds out there. Ehich one you guys recommend? I woukd like one that works on my note 2 and nexus 4 as I hear the nexus 4 is a bit different.

cobaltmarie

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I would like to use them but they don't seem to work very well with my TPU case. Instead of tapping my phone on the tag, I end up trying to get the tag as close to the camera cutout in my case, where it works only about 50% of the time.

It got to be so much of a hassle I just change things manually again.

Any recommended cases or other tips welcome.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I plan on using them. They seem handy. But there are so many different kinds out there. Ehich one you guys recommend? I woukd like one that works on my note 2 and nexus 4 as I hear the nexus 4 is a bit different.

You need ntag204 tags for Nexus devices going forward. I recommend mifare tags as they're highest rated and cheaper than tectiles.
I'll let you guys know how the mifare tags actually perform, but every review I've seen has been positive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I voted no; just don't have a need/use for NFC (on either my Note 2 or Nexus 7). It plays into my desire to follow the K.I.S.S. principle anyway. :)

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Here is a screen shot of the app I use it gives examples of what can be done. Once set up it is simple to use
uploadfromtaptalk1359491157108.jpg

It's a Phone, it's a Tablet, It's a Phablet