Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Had the Z10 for two weeks, returned it, left a review on CB.

Gonna test out the Android/HTC One now :)

I thought it was funny that one of the replies mentioned disappointment over the Z10 not having as many apps as the BB OS 7 devices. (I had an OS 7 device, and its app selection is by no means what one would call stellar.)

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Android synchronization is the best, it's the reason Android won me over. This goes for, contacts, calendar, notes, and documents. What some folks don't like is that it has to sync with Google's services.

I don't know what your trying to sync with but I've used Gsyncit for Outlook and Awesync for Lotus. Both work great and have great customization features that best Google calendar sync by far.
Thanks for the mention of Gsyncit. I downloaded the trial and it looks promising, but it keeps trying to change Outlook appointments to bizarre, undesired dates and times based on its misreading of my Google calendar. Any experience with this behavior? It would be a deal-breaker for permanent replacement of Google Calendar Sync, obviously, if it couldn't be fixed.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hardly a surprise to me. I've been predicting rims demise for quite a while. Can't wait to hear that they have been sold. Rim by any name is doomed in the near future. They put down injured horses don't they? :)

Sent from Note 2

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
They might as well put BBM out for other platforms like they had planned to before they made this move lol

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
They might as well put BBM out for other platforms like they had planned to before they made this move lol

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

There are so many other texting platforms that we don't need blackberry messenger. When I switched from blackberry to my first Android phone one of my big concerns with the lack of blackberry messenger. On day one I soon realized that that was something I didn't need to worry about

Sent from Note 2

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Those numbers seem quite inflated possibly to get page views.

I wouldn't return my Z10...
I like it, but there's no way (currently) that it can replace my Nexus 4 as my primary device even after sideloading over 20 of my main day-to-day Apps & games.
It has however replaced my WP7 & iPhone 5 as my primary "non-Android" backup.

In my opinion, anyone looking to replace a highend Android with it will be disappointed but someone looking to replace their existing Blackberry or Windows Phone because Android & iOS is too daunting, they'll enjoy it.

Sent from my Z10 using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to meet a person who has heard of the Galaxy S4 either. Most people just just know group Android as a single category. That doesn't appear to have a bearing on how well they sell.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the mention of Gsyncit. I downloaded the trial and it looks promising, but it keeps trying to change Outlook appointments to bizarre, undesired dates and times based on its misreading of my Google calendar. Any experience with this behavior? It would be a deal-breaker for permanent replacement of Google Calendar Sync, obviously, if it couldn't be fixed.

No I've never had that problem the only issue I experienced was with birthdays. It made an entry for each birthday going back year's and going forward.

When I installed the app I made the sync forward moving.

I will say this the dev is very active and always fixing issues. I'd recommend getting in contact with them (him) about this issue.

I will say this about the app it synchronizes everything notes, email, calendar, todo, and contacts. You can also control the direction two way or one way. It's a great app is say work on resolving the issue.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Those numbers seem quite inflated possibly to get page views.

I wouldn't return my Z10...
I like it, but there's no way (currently) that it can replace my Nexus 4 as my primary device even after sideloading over 20 of my main day-to-day Apps & games.
It has however replaced my WP7 & iPhone 5 as my primary "non-Android" backup.

In my opinion, anyone looking to replace a highend Android with it will be disappointed but someone looking to replace their existing Blackberry or Windows Phone because Android & iOS is too daunting, they'll enjoy it.

Sent from my Z10 using Android Central Forums

I loved my gs3.

I sold it after 5 days on the z10 and don't miss it at all. So I guess I fly in the face of your opinion. I happily gave up a high end android for it and would do it again.

The z10 is one of the most solid phones I've used in a long time. And as far as apps its night and day over Os7, and the ones from android I really want like Flipboard or stumbleupon or Netflix I've side loaded and they are working perfectly.

Last thing...I'm platform agnostic but I've always had a soft spot for BlackBerry and Palm/webos. I couldn't stick with the bold 9900, there was too much missing. I set up a gs3 for a customer today and tried to swipe up for the hub. I don't think I'll be able to use a phone without the hub again.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I loved my gs3.

I sold it after 5 days on the z10 and don't miss it at all. So I guess I fly in the face of your opinion. I happily gave up a high end android for it and would do it again.

The z10 is one of the most solid phones I've used in a long time. And as far as apps its night and day over Os7, and the ones from android I really want like Flipboard or stumbleupon or Netflix I've side loaded and they are working perfectly.

Last thing...I'm platform agnostic but I've always had a soft spot for BlackBerry and Palm/webos. I couldn't stick with the bold 9900, there was too much missing. I set up a gs3 for a customer today and tried to swipe up for the hub. I don't think I'll be able to use a phone without the hub again.

Agree, I was so against this phone but after playing around with it all the old blackberry nostalgia came back and after figuring out how to side load the apps. It just sweetened the deal.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

No I've never had that problem the only issue I experienced was with birthdays. It made an entry for each birthday going back year's and going forward.

When I installed the app I made the sync forward moving.

I will say this the dev is very active and always fixing issues. I'd recommend getting in contact with them (him) about this issue.

I will say this about the app it synchronizes everything notes, email, calendar, todo, and contacts. You can also control the direction two way or one way. It's a great app is say work on resolving the issue.
A note to others: beware gSyncit. It seems to work, but the evaluation copy loaded a boatload of spyware, adware and similar crapware onto my laptop.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

"to be used for nonclassified communications, such as email and basic Web browsing"

You don't even read what you post, do you? This just let's employees use their own devices on government networks for non-classified casual use.

As usual, no other company has come up with strong enough security for transmitting sensitive data. Blackberry continues to hold the monopoly on that sector of the market.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

apalm8

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You are all so very close minded...judging the company from a device you had like 4 years ago. These new phones are hot fire and can go toe to toe with any other smartphone out right now.