Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You are all so very close minded...judging the company from a device you had like 4 years ago. These new phones are hot fire and can go toe to toe with any other smartphone out right now.

You're wasting your time dude, leave them to their blindness and enjoy the phones you want. I think BB did great with the new phones and OS.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree, bb did just fine with the new phone. I used bb for 6 years but if I'm going to learn and stick with a full touch, may as well go for the note 2. Which I did. The z10 was very nice. Fluid. Awesome phone with all the comfort of the familiar bb we all love. I just can't see sticking around for a q10 and have to squint watching a movie and trying to operate that small touchscreen just for the sake of a physical qwerty. I'm not getting used to a touch keyboard, I hate it. Even with auto correct, swype and SwiftKey... I still suck. I was lightening fast on my blackberry , I'm a very fast typist. But, I guess over time (maybe 5 friggin years?) I'll get better.

Manipur

May 6, 2013
Visit site
If you work for a government agency or anyone who really cares about security, you'll be getting a BB10 device real soon.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Haven't you heard about Knox? Samsung galaxy s4 phones with Knox security are about to replace the US Dept.of Defense's BB phones.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree, bb did just fine with the new phone. I used bb for 6 years but if I'm going to learn and stick with a full touch, may as well go for the note 2. Which I did. The z10 was very nice. Fluid. Awesome phone with all the comfort of the familiar bb we all love. I just can't see sticking around for a q10 and have to squint watching a movie and trying to operate that small touchscreen just for the sake of a physical qwerty. I'm not getting used to a touch keyboard, I hate it. Even with auto correct, swype and SwiftKey... I still suck. I was lightening fast on my blackberry , I'm a very fast typist. But, I guess over time (maybe 5 friggin years?) I'll get better.
I often find it easier and more accurate to swipe with my stylus. Altho I also swipe with my index finger. Both of which are much better for me than trying to thumb type.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I just wish someone would invent a snap on physical qwerty for these large phones. Does anyone else think this would be a great idea? I believe it would work fantastically. Sits right on top of the screen and snaps on and off. It could even be hinged to one side so it's permanently attached to the phone. I wouldn't care if it was or wasn't permanently attached, as long as I could have that irreplaceable tactile feedback only achieved by a physical qwerty. This note 2 would rock with that feature.
I have 3 old 9930's that I would love to experiment with and Frankenstein the keyboard onto this phone using the above mentioned technology.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I just wish someone would invent a snap on physical qwerty for these large phones. Does anyone else think this would be a great idea? I believe it would work fantastically. Sits right on top of the screen and snaps on and off. It could even be hinged to one side so it's permanently attached to the phone. I wouldn't care if it was or wasn't permanently attached, as long as I could have that irreplaceable tactile feedback only achieved by a physical qwerty. This note 2 would rock with that feature.
I have 3 old 9930's that I would love to experiment with and Frankenstein the keyboard onto this phone using the above mentioned technology.
One thing you could try is to use a Bluetooth or USB based keyboard. Might not meet the "attached" part of what you're thinking, but would provide the flexibility to have a keyboard when needed. I can appreciate the desire for the tactile feel having come from BB phones and others with physical keyboards. If I had to use a keyboard with the Note II, I'd go for one of the options suggested. Tapping into a few things you brought out above, how about a flip cover just like the ones available for the S3 or Note series? Possibly a keyboard could be added into the "smart cover" with the connectivity via Bluetooth or wired via the back panel being the battery cover which in turn is wired into phone power and comms. Bluetooth might be a stretch unless a radio could be that thin and still powered. Or just use NFC for connectivity between the phone and cover keyboard. Probably someone has already file patent(s) for this, but if not we can pair up together :D

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Haven't you heard about Knox? Samsung galaxy s4 phones with Knox security are about to replace the US Dept.of Defense's BB phones.

no, they're not. Knox will only allow Samsung devices to be used for low security applications, such as unclassified email and basic web browsing.

Posted via Android Central App

Manipur

May 6, 2013
Visit site
no, they're not. Knox will only allow Samsung devices to be used for low security applications, such as unclassified email and basic web browsing.

Samsung knox security will allow BYOD at work place. When someone quits from a company, the company can erase the part where confidential datas are kept without the need for compromising users personal data.
Read more here.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...samsung.com%2Fus%2Fbusiness%2F&token=Rz3i-qRB

It's security along with freedom to use your device the way you like it.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Samsung may have that ability with Knox, but the government has only approved it for "basic web browsing and non-secure email".

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I was a big BlackBerry fan up until about a year ago. Then was introduced to the S3, could not get over the screen size and features of the S3. I made the switch to android and have been very happy with that decision. Just two weeks ago I used Sprint's "green" trade in program to trade in several old phones I had, and was able to upgrade to the Note 2 for $50.

As much as I like the looks of the new Q10 and that keyboard, I just can't imagine giving up all this screen real estate and ever going with a smaller phone again.

YankeeMike

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I was a big BlackBerry fan up until about a year ago. Then was introduced to the S3, could not get over the screen size and features of the S3. I made the switch to android and have been very happy with that decision. Just two weeks ago I used Sprint's "green" trade in program to trade in several old phones I had, and was able to upgrade to the Note 2 for $50.

As much as I like the looks of the new Q10 and that keyboard, I just can't imagine giving up all this screen real estate and ever going with a smaller phone again.

I agree with this my only slight concern of being a new N2 owner myself is the size of the phone, It can be a bit cumbersome.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I was also concerned about it maybe being to big, but now that I've had it for two weeks it seems normal and my wife's S3 seems small. I also have mine in a Seidio Active case. It doesn't add muck bulk and I like the protection it provides. I did drop it from waist high on to the asphalt on the second day with no damage, thanks to the case.

Eruditass

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I tried one out in a store ad was really confused, and I haven't even been using android that long. Also, I used a 9800 Bold for a while.

Am I getting old?

kb1234

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been a long time BB user, I even had the Z10 for 3 months.

Great phone, great OS, wayyyyy better than os 7,6,5 etc....fast,great battery, great pics, Aamazing keyboard, great camera time shift feature, I loved it.

But when I saw the HTC one...I was blown away, the screen is hi res, Batt life is great, all the apps I can get, and it looks so good in my hand,

I have nothing negative to say about the new line of BB10 phones,they're amazing. I just fell in love with the HTC one and decided to switch..literally just yesterday haha.

I would definitely go back to BB, especially with their flagship coming at the end of this year....

Both platforms, BB and Droid, are great, each with their own experience.

I support both!!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I was also concerned about it maybe being to big, but now that I've had it for two weeks it seems normal and my wife's S3 seems small. I also have mine in a Seidio Active case. It doesn't add muck bulk and I like the protection it provides. I did drop it from waist high on to the asphalt on the second day with no damage, thanks to the case.

IMO, the Note 2's size is the "new normal". Smaller phones look very diminutive to me, are hard to view, and hard to type on.

YankeeMike

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been a long time BB user, I even had the Z10 for 3 months.

Great phone, great OS, wayyyyy better than os 7,6,5 etc....fast,great battery, great pics, Aamazing keyboard, great camera time shift feature, I loved it.

But when I saw the HTC one...I was blown away, the screen is hi res, Batt life is great, all the apps I can get, and it looks so good in my hand,

I have nothing negative to say about the new line of BB10 phones,they're amazing. I just fell in love with the HTC one and decided to switch..literally just yesterday haha.

I would definitely go back to BB, especially with their flagship coming at the end of this year....

Both platforms, BB and Droid, are great, each with their own experience.

I support both!!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
What is their flagship upcoming?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

MartyMcfly

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I switched from the Z10 to the Galaxy S4. I don't see myself switching back to blackberry anytime soon. The Z10 (os 10) is missing a lot of essentials features, and i was not interested in playing the waiting game.

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If only the android system has a hub like thing. That is the thing that attracts me, plus it would be nice to have.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2