Advice on Note 2 please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
If I had the international version I'd be running omega rom. I'm kinda jealous, except for the lte part. I'm running a custom stock based rom with a omega theme called moto moto that's why it looks a lot different.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Long story but I need to stick with stock rooted roms and kernels to enable a quick toggle of root so I can use this specific app which doesn't work on rooted devices. Tricking it to not see root only works on stock unfortunately.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Right it is not humanly possible to do, therfore I must not be human..SMH.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

Well it's not is it? You're honestly telling us you can reach everywhere on the screen with your thumb whilst holding the phone normally and without adjustment?

Not sure why you're trying to argue that point. Even the reviewers on youtube with massive hands couldn't manage it.

ShelaghDB

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
LOVE IT!!!!!!!

I am an APPLE user all the way with MacBook Pros, iTouches,iPads, iPhones and had no reason to ever change to anything but a new iPhone...until i saw the Note 2 and instantly it was love. I discarded my iPhone immediately and bought this outright. Yup, paid $800 plus in just a matter of a few minutes and let me tell you I am far from rich and don't throw money around, nor can I, but I WAS THAT sure that this was the phone for me and I have now had it about 2 months and not once have I regretted it.

I gave my iPhone to the hubby but was offered a brand new Note 1 yesterday for $200 so I grabbed it and tossed the iPhone...LOL

In any event, I do a lot of reading online, browsing the news and its perfect for this. Never has reading anything online been as enjoyable. I have an ipad but I have no reason for it now.
This is easier to carry and the screen size is good enough for me that I find it much more worthwhile to carry this than an iPad.

I dont find it too big as some say, although admittedly, I like the bigger screen and see no reason for one larger. Get it, you will never regret your decision!

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Long story but I need to stick with stock rooted roms and kernels to enable a quick toggle of root so I can use this specific app which doesn't work on rooted devices. Tricking it to not see root only works on stock unfortunately.

I have to do the same thing for an app. It works for me if temp unroot. That is a fair argument though; not everyone wants to modify their phone. Just wanted to show that option is there. I'd never use one handed if I had to dig through the settings. Wait can't you pinch the stock keyboard to do that? Nope guess not, but you can long press the mic key and go to keyboard settings and it's right there.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I have to do the same thing for an app. It works for me if temp unroot. That is a fair argument though; not everyone wants to modify their phone. Just wanted to show that option is there. I'd never use one handed if I had to dig through the settings. Wait can't you pinch the stock keyboard to do that? Nope guess not, but you can long press the mic key and go to keyboard settings and it's right there.

I'd love to use a different rom but unfortunately I need the app so it's not an option for me. That temp unroot app is a lifesaver as I still need root most of the tine.

Also, I have the LTE version and there aren't that many custom roms at the mo.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well it's not is it? You're honestly telling us you can reach everywhere on the screen with your thumb whilst holding the phone normally and without adjustment?

Not sure why you're trying to argue that point. Even the reviewers on youtube with massive hands couldn't manage it.

What myself and others have said is we can operate it one handed like our previous phones. YOU keep saying we can't. Now you might not can, but I can.

Maybe you should be a mother of a couple of small kids. You might be shocked at what you can do one-handed.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
What myself and others have said is we can operate it one handed like our previous phones. YOU keep saying we can't. Now you might not can, but I can.

Maybe you should be a mother of a couple of small kids. You might be shocked at what you can do one-handed.

Please don't make it sound like I said you can't use it handed. I said you can use it one handed, but it requires a different way of holding it to reach certain places.

If you didn't understand what I said, then fair enough. Otherwise it is a poor diversion tactic by you when I pulled you up on your comment about your super long thumb reaching the far edges of the phone while holding it normally.

Please don't pretend I said anything else, and then we can end this stupid debate.

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to use a different rom but unfortunately I need the app so it's not an option for me. That temp unroot app is a lifesaver as I still need root most of the tine.

Also, I have the LTE version and there aren't that many custom roms at the mo.

I do the same thing with a custom rom. Maybe I didn't word that well. Have you tried it? You own the 7105? Have you looked at cleanrom ace? It's stock with some performance tweaks, all apps in multiwindow and 23 notification toggles. You can still use root keeper with it and use your app when you need to.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Please don't make it sound like I said you can't use it handed. I said you can use it one handed, but it requires a different way of holding it to reach certain places.

If you didn't understand what I said, then fair enough. Otherwise it is a poor diversion tactic by you when I pulled you up on your comment about your super long thumb reaching the far edges of the phone while holding it normally.

Please don't pretend I said anything else, and then we can end this stupid debate.

There are several pages of you saying we can't operate it one-handed.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I do the same thing with a custom rom. Maybe I didn't word that well. Have you tried it? You own the 7105? Have you looked at cleanrom ace? It's stock with some performance tweaks, all apps in multiwindow and 23 notification toggles. You can still use root keeper with it and use your app when you need to.

Yep the 1705 and tried it with custom rom and the app doesnt allow it. Temp root only seems to be acknowledged by the app on a stock rooted rom and kernel, unfortunately.

CleanROM would probably be the one I would use given the choice. Luckilly I've got the multiviee tweaks and directorybind, etc working on my current rom so I'm not too bothered by the lack of roms I can use.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
There are several pages of you saying we can't operate it one-handed.

No

There are several pages of me pointing out you have to adjust the way you hold the phone to use it one handed. Hence the mentioning of the 3 fingered claw grip which id what you need to do to be able to reach further.

I suspect that if you let the red myst descent from your eyes, you would have realised that was what I was saying and you wouldn't have begun your absurd debate about super long thumbs.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No

There are several pages of me pointing out you have to adjust the way you hold the phone to use it one handed. Hence the mentioning of the 3 fingered claw grip which id what you need to do to be able to reach further.

I suspect that if you let the red myst descent from your eyes, you would have realised that was what I was saying and you wouldn't have begun your absurd debate about super long thumbs.

Sorry I don't have to do some 3 finger claw grip.

No we have said we can do this one-handed and you have spent pages saying we can't.

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I know I don't have galaxy note 2 but I own a galaxy note which isn't much of different. I can operate it one handed but requires some sort of ways to reach the top screen and it is manageable but most of the time I use two hands. So what is wrong with using two hands to operate your phone?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I know I don't have galaxy note 2 but I own a galaxy note which isn't much of different. I can operate it one handed but requires some sort of ways to reach the top screen and it is manageable but most of the time I use two hands. So what is wrong with using two hands to operate your phone?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing, and two handed is the way forward with this phone.

That is not the point I am making here and why I have taken exception to the previous comment.

This all stemmed from me suggesting if you're used to using your phone one handed 99% of the time, then this probably isn't the phone for you.

[inappropriate language deleted by moderator]

And someone decided to continue this facade about super long thumbs defying logic.

Strange behaviour to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:

TTF

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
The Note 2 has a lot of advantages over the S3. After using the S3 for six months, I couldn't stand it anymore and I got a Note 2. On the S3 there is no way to organize photos in the Gallery. On the Note 2, there is. On the S3, S Voice will not read you your text messages, but on the Note 2, it will. What finally made me give up and switch was the battery life:the S3 required charging at least twice to make it through the day. The Note 2 does not.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been follow this whole thread and I understand that he has not once said it can't be used one handed rather he has been saying it requires adjustment by the average size user. I could not care less about either sides argument I'm just giving a objective opinion on what I have been reading.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.