Picture storage question

ddavis1408

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
How come even tho I have a sd card in my phone when I go to the storage option the pictures still take away from my phones internal memory??? I always make sure my pictures are saved to the sd card then if they are not I even move them to it?!? HELP I'm running out of space. Same thing with my music?!?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
How come even tho I have a sd card in my phone when I go to the storage option the pictures still take away from my phones internal memory??? I always make sure my pictures are saved to the sd card then if they are not I even move them to it?!? HELP I'm running out of space. Same thing with my music?!?

First of all, pictures that you take in burst mode will always be saved to your internal memory. Next (and i'm assuming you're using stock camera app), tap the settings button on the top left hand of the screen. Scroll down to Storage, tap that button, and select memory card.

For music make sure you're transferring directly to extSdCard (not sdcard0)

ddavis1408

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
First of all, pictures that you take in burst mode will always be saved to your internal memory. Next (and i'm assuming you're using stock camera app), tap the settings button on the top left hand of the screen. Scroll down to Storage, tap that button, and select memory card.

Yea I mean I'm pretty good with all of this in pretty good with technology. I don't use burst mode and I have everything on extsdcard but this is what I'm seeing. Why is it taking from my internal memory? I'm finding my self having to delete stuff and I still have about 600 songs to put back on!?!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362797403254.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362797403254.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 45

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Pictures and videos don't show only what you've taken with your camera. If there are apps that save pictures and/or videos (like games) explicitly as such files, they will show up right there.

BTW, your issue is with having to add 600 songs? Why don't you just save them to SD Card? o_O

ddavis1408

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Pictures and videos don't show only what you've taken with your camera. If there are apps that save pictures and/or videos (like games) explicitly as such files, they will show up right there.

BTW, your issue is with having to add 600 songs? Why don't you just save them to SD Card? o_O

That's what I'm saying if I do add them it takes away from my internal memory even if I transfer them to the sd card

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't see that problem... mine go to my external.

Basically what was said earlier it's that the pictures and videos are from any app data...?

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site

I have about 14 files in gallery pictures, art work photos ect. How do I m9ve them to my sd card? Or if I want to back the contents of gallery up in case I have to exchange my phone, how do I do that.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
You can create a folder on your sd and select what pictures you want to move and move them to that location inside the gallery app or using a file explorer

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You need a file explorer like tirith says... unfortunately the 'Move' option in the built in Gallery only lets you move files within the internal memory, not to SD card (you can thank JellyBean for that).

Update: It turns out, you can!! Weird, when I first bought it I couldn't do it... I guess it was added on an update? so weird...

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Unless there is already a location on the sd card with pictures... they'll show up in the gallery and you can move to those

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa