Transferring Files to SD Card

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
When I got my Note 2 they transferred all of my pics from my other phone, my SD card arrived today and I would like to move my pics from the system storage to the SD.
I have looked and looked and not been able to find anywhere to do this or to change the default from system to SD, the card is mounted and showing correctly in settings.
I also have searched the forum for answers to this but have found none.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
To set default location to SD card, while in the camera app, tap on the settings icon. On my phone it's wheel/gear on the top left. Scroll all the way towards the bottom right before reset, is Storage. Tap on that to switch from phone to Memory Card and vice versa. To move all your pics from Phone to SD, connect your phone to computer via USB make sure you have KIES installed on the computer before doing this. One the computer recognizes your phone click on "Open Devices to view folder contents". You should have two storage options available. Phone & Card. Go to Phone first and locate your pics. Normally they are under the folder DCIM. Hightlight all the photos and click CUT. Now go back Card and PASTE the pics in the DCIM folder. I put all my pics under the DCIM\Camera folder. Good luck hope this helps.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
When I got my Note 2 they transferred all of my pics from my other phone, my SD card arrived today and I would like to move my pics from the system storage to the SD.
I have looked and looked and not been able to find anywhere to do this or to change the default from system to SD, the card is mounted and showing correctly in settings.

all kinds of way to do this. moth above described a few. another way is if you want to do it on your phone, just go to your app drawer, select My Files icon, then can select which files/folders you want to move.

first, make sure you go into your system settings -> storage and make sure to format/mount your SD Card.

now you should be able to set the camera to default to your external SD

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thank you both, I searched this everywhere I could think of, including Verizon and Samsung sites, user manual too, and couldn't find any information. You are lifesavers. :)

jalandhry

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

Sirrah Photography

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Go To your Gallery
Long Press a Picture/file
They will turn into "check" boxes
Hit the selection button on your phone. It's to the left of the home key.
Select "Move"
Select where you want the file to move ie "extSdCard"

You can select all photos or just one to move.

Sirrah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non