Annoying multiple text notifications!!

Bridgmark

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 2 and it just recently started sending text message notifications over and over until I check the message. It literally will keep repeating until I look at it. AND my camera flash will come blink for no reason and then sometimes just stay on steadily until I restart my phone. AT&T told me it was my SD card causing the problem? So I bought a new one and it's still doing the same thing. Can anyone pleeeeease tell me how to fix this?

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 2 and it just recently started sending text message notifications over and over until I check the message. It literally will keep repeating until I look at it. AND my camera flash will come blink for no reason and then sometimes just stay on steadily until I restart my phone. AT&T told me it was my SD card causing the problem? So I bought a new one and it's still doing the same thing. Can anyone pleeeeease tell me how to fix this?

I'm assuming you're using the stock messaging app on your phone. If so, then first do the following: go to your system settings > accessibility > Hearing > uncheck Flash notification (was this checked?)

If you're not using the stock messaging app, what are you using?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There is also am option in the stock messaging app having to do with repeat notifications.

Make sure it's set to once. Messaging - menu-settings- down.

2u2ara6e.jpg

As for what else someone else had said, I haven't had a problem with the flash staying on but...

Settings - accessibility -

y3ehu3a4.jpg

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
There is also am option in the stock messaging app having to do with repeat notifications.

Make sure it's set to once. Messaging - menu-settings- down.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/02/2u2ara6e.jpg

As for what else someone else had said, I haven't had a problem with the flash staying on but...

Settings - accessibility -

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/02/y3ehu3a4.jpg

How did you get to the messages settings? Cant seem to locate that on my settings.

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
How did you get to the messages settings? Cant seem to locate that on my settings.

Typically you open up the messages application, make sure you're at the messages home screen, press menu, and lastly press settings. =)

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If you have your messaging app set like mine, you won't get notifications from the stock app. I use chompSMS and love it, hence why the notifications are unchecked in the stock app

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
If you have your messaging app set like mine, you won't get notifications from the stock app. I use chompSMS and love it, hence why the notifications are unchecked in the stock app

what's the difference between chompSMS and go sms?

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Did you get the free version or paid version? (of ChompSMS).. I downloaded it but the chomp team sent me a notification last day to buy a license on sale? didn't know anyone else who used it so thought i'd ask.. :)

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Only thing the license does is kill the ads at the bottom, but I did buy it on sale for 99 cents.

Btw, the license is always on sale lol, just gotta find that could deal.

As far as the themes, you can always make your own...

I just never liked all the extra stuff that go downloads...

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Only thing the license does is kill the ads at the bottom, but I did buy it on sale for 99 cents.

Btw, the license is always on sale lol, just gotta find that could deal.

As far as the themes, you can always make your own...

I just never liked all the extra stuff that go downloads...

I would love to make my own themes but I have no ides how to. Still barely getting used to this phone :)

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
In the chomp app, menu, settings, customize look.

Gives you the option to do basically whatever you want.

umu3a5um.jpg

Mine.... simple