New Note 2 owner with some questions

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I've found that with most of my phones a full depletion or two of the battery is needed for it reach its peak performance. Use it until it shuts down, & then charge it. I use the power saving mode. Your screen will adjust automatically depending on light conditions. I've had my Note2 for a week & the battery is great! Had GS3 & iPhone 4 before that. Hope this helps!

Mr. Big

Ive never done that with this phone but ill give it a try.

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Good thing is that there doesn't seem to be any wakelocks. But your mobile network signal looks incredibly poor.

Sent from my GT-N7100

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
It seems like the note 2 is working properly. You have been using it quite a bit over the last 12 hours, tends to happen with a new phone.

100% has given about 5.5 hours. The signal looks very dodgy. I think its causing all the problems.

You can reduce the signal problem by switching to flight mode when you don't need the note as a phone or maybe overnight, though this may not be a viable option for you.

Some general battery saving tips are to use auto-brightness instead of full, use auto adjust screen tone, set screen mode to natural or movie (more accurate colours) .

Sent from my GT-N7100

Last edited:

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
It seems like the note 2 is working properly. You have been using it quite a bit over the last 12 hours, tends to happen with a new phone.

100% has given about 5.5 hours. The signal looks very dodgy. I think its causing all the problems.

You can reduce the signal problem by switching to flight mode when you don't need the note as a phone or maybe overnight, though this may not be a viable option for you.

Some general battery saving tips are to use auto-brightness instead of full, use auto adjust screen tone, set screen mode to natural or movie (more accurate colours) .

Sent from my GT-N7100

Thank you very much! Truly appreciate it! Im glad its working as it shoukd. Ill try your recommendations!

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Right now my phone's been on battery for 15 hours, over 5 and a half hours screen on time and I have 10% battery remaining.

And with this phone 40% battery is a lot. I've started days with 25% battery just to kill it and I've still made it half the day (light usage). I would say at least go down to 10% or 20% before you worry about saving it or charging to be ready for a possible emergency.

Sent from my Note 2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
And maybe out of habit (because of my iphone) once it hits 40% it makes me nervous so I tend to chsrge the phone until its 100% I seriosuly fear itll die wheb I need it in an emergency (happened with my iphone) & I have 3 little ones so im sure you see why im paranoid my phone must work all the time lol

I used to do that so I turned off the percentage indicator. Now I just use my phone and if it runs down I just plug it in when I can. No more stressing about how much power left. Even 15% left will get me home easily from Manhattan on the train (about an hour or so) checking emails and listening to music.

I always have a car charger, AC charger, and a battery in my briefcase though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So if battery apps don't really do anything, should I just delete the GS battery app? and use the one that comes with the phone?

That would be my recommendation. I feel like I can get all the info I need from the settings menu

Sent from my Note 2

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Also let me suggest making sure your Google location settings are not turned on inside Google maps. That can also be a huge drain. Go to Maps > settings > location settings. Turn off location reporting.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Also let me suggest making sure your Google location settings are not turned on inside Google maps. That can also be a huge drain. Go to Maps > settings > location settings. Turn off location reporting.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2.

I've got it on with no battery issues as a result. I wouldn't be in a rush to turn off a bunch of features with this phone (that's the beauty of the note). If you know there are things you don't want to use then by all means disable them but don't feel like you have to disable everything just to have a good experience. That's the evo/htc way of doing things and not the note way ;-)

Sent from my Note 2

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
My note get about the same amount of battery life. I have had mine died in about 4 hours from 100%. I also have it last for few days with no usage. Your battery life is normal.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365196017756.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365196017756.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 55
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365196033599.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365196033599.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 56
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365196048390.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365196048390.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 55

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
My note get about the same amount of battery life. I have had mine died in about 4 hours from 100%. I also have it last for few days with no usage. Your battery life is normal.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

And people thought I aggressively killed batteries.

Sent from my Note 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings > Accounts (Google) >
... Then select your Google account to edit.
Uncheck Sync settings you do not need.
Google seems to want to sync everything.
Also, go to the settings of your apps to see if they are trying to sync unnecessarily. I download a Twitter app once, and found out it was syncing every minute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
How does my battery life look? Sometimes I think its fine and other times I wonder about it.

eduzume5.jpg

ma8ana7a.jpg

jyvete2u.jpg

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
How does my battery life look? Sometimes I think its fine and other times I wonder about it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/06/eduzume5.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/06/ma8ana7a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/06/jyvete2u.jpg

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk

That seams rather low. After 8 hours and 1-2 hours of screen on time, I'm usually around 70-75%. However, battery life can vary based on what apps are installed, as well as how they are synced & how much battery juice they pull while running in the background.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk