Help, new to android

Reddefender

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I have a Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 GT N8010. Only had it a few weeks and still learning. All I want to do is use the Tab as a mass storage to save photos from my camera SD card. I have bought a 5 in one device to plug into the tab which allows me to connect the sd card but thats me stuck. I assume it can be done but how please ?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression samsung stopped supporting mass storage mode. I think it can be added with root but not stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I simply dont know where to start, how do I see the card contents, how do I copy them to the Tab, do I need an App to do it

I did this with my Tab 10.1. Can't say whether it will work with the Tab 2.0 or not. But anyway, yes, download an file manager app, like Astro, or ES File Explorer. If the tablet supports it, the app should let you see both the SD card and the tablet's internal storage, and copy files between them.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I did this with my Tab 10.1. Can't say whether it will work with the Tab 2.0 or not. But anyway, yes, download an file manager app, like Astro, or ES File Explorer. If the tablet supports it, the app should let you see both the SD card and the tablet's internal storage, and copy files between them.

Im not sure thats exactly what he means. The stock my files app will let you copy files between internal and external memory. Mass storage mode will let you view actual pictures while looking at the sd card instead of just generic image with file name.

However, mass storage mode really only needs to be enabled when the device is hooked to a pc. On the pc you will see the actual images. On the device itself this shouldnt matter, just put the card in the tab view and check the boxes of the pictures you want and transfer to internal storage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress