Circled "?" Appearing By Names in Text Messaging ???

Lisa Howell

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that by my friends name there appears s circle with an x in it in messaging. Can anyone tell me what this means? I also noticed that there are green lights by other names. . Does anyone have a list of these codes? :-\

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Its just there status if there signed into there google talk account. Green - available, x - offline, orange - away. Etc etc.

Last edited:

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Thats funny I text the same thing last night. It looks like its just not reading the number of unread messages n that thread

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Lisa Howell

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This person doesn't keep anything but his Gmail. He said he also sees it by his mom's name. It's this something that would show up if I was blocked? ? It's just a black circle with an x in it. . Not like the other circles from g+.I thought it was saying that attachments hasn't been received, but all have been received, his phone is on, and I can call him. If I could upload a screenshot I would, but I don't have an url to attach to. Thx I'm just real curious because this x seems to come and go .

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
It's Google Talk. If they do not have an account or they are not logged in them you will see that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Lisa Howell

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess I just don't understand because I've never seen it by anyone on Google before. My son is dedicated Google user but I never see anything by his name. . Weird. Thx

Lisa Howell

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Why does it only show up occasionally? Friends on Google Talk always show. . This is intermittent. I was just on Google Talk. . My offline friends do show the x but he isn't there and the x I see shows up on Texting. . Not the talk program. :-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty