Why would someone choose the Note 2 or 3 over the next iPhone?

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have an update in September. I'm seriously considering the next iPhone or the Note 2 or 3.

What would be good reasons for getting a Note if you didn't like the Galaxy line of phones?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The fact that it does everything the iphone does plus a lot more and it doesn't feel like a kids toy plus you get a bigger screen

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have an update in September. I'm seriously considering the next iPhone or the Note 2 or 3.

What would be good reasons for getting a Note if you didn't like the Galaxy line of phones?

Screen size and stylus are the advantages over the s4.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You forgot the better customization abilities, without rooting and the better hardware.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You forgot the better customization abilities, without rooting and the better hardware.

The question was the advantage above the other Galaxy phones... Those are all available on other Galaxy phones like the s4.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
If a larger iPhone (not less than 4.7" screen size) is available in the future, I might consider it - if iOS 7 has greater flexibility and customization options than what's currently available from Apple.

Last edited:

Btomlin75

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
If you don't like the galaxy line stick with Apple or maybe another android, blackberry or even a windows phone. I have worked with all of them except the blackberry. One of my bosses has an iphone and the updates sometimes work and sometimes don't. My other boss has a windows 7.5 version and its updates are over (microsoft forgot that businesses make them lots of money and went with kids ware). I love my note 2, I also like my wife's HTC 1 and my daughter's Rugby Pro works real well (especially with a 2 year old playing with it). None of these systems are perfect so pick what has the features you want and use it.

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 copied many features from Android plus they changed the whole look of iPhone's menus and icons into some 2D looking crap.
Just get the real thing instead of the copycat.

The Note 2 has the bigger screen, bigger BATTERY (how has no one said this yet?), and the S pen which I find very useful in photo editing apps (more precision) and jotting down quick notes.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The question was the advantage above the other Galaxy phones... Those are all available on other Galaxy phones like the s4.

Actually he specifically asked what does the note or note2 have that would make me consider it over an iPhone. Read it again please.

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm only interested in hearing about the Note 2 or 3. I'm not really interested in the Galaxy S series.

I see a lot of good things so far, so I'm leaning towards the Note 3 if everything is as good as the 2.

How good are the radios on the Note phones? That's the biggest detail for me.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

Can you be specific about what you don't like about the Galaxy line? Also which phone are you coming from?

Posted via Android Central App

etbooker

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
iPhones become boring even with iOS7 while if you get bored with the Note 2 you can change it to what you DO like. Plus a larger battery, larger screen, pressure sensitive stylus, and unparalleled customization. Yeah.... I would get a Note 2 or 3.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

sejgiul

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Screen size and superior battery life are the reasons to go for the note 2.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I had (and still do have) the NS4G, signal was lousy, but I loved that phone. Gnex was better, but not a lot better, loved that phone too. Now Note 2, with a much, much better signal. I can actually carry on an hour long conversation without breaking up or dropping a call. Something that never happened with the Nexii.

Note 2... I'm in love and in a long term committed relationship. The best phone yet. No regrets.

Sent via Note II

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually he specifically asked what does the note or note2 have that would make me consider it over an iPhone. Read it again please.

Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought that he didn't want the Galaxy line (which the note 2 is part of anyway)

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have no problem with the Galaxy S phones as I absolutely loved the S2 and the 3 was good as well. I am concerned more with Samsung Galaxy phones having signal issues. I did have a problem with the plastic backing but I hear they can be replaced with an aluminum back cover.

I wouldn't mind the S4 but the problems it has with storage space and so much bloat turned me away from it.

Last edited:

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I might also consider buying an iPhone if they get rid of their TERRIBLE concept on what a large screen is. (Look at the iPhone 5's 'larger screen' that's basically just taller than the last iteration's. Even then, my 2011 SGSII still has a larger screen than the iPhone 5)

Anyway, if you really are interested in buying an android handset from Samsung's famed Galaxy line of devices, try one out first at a nearby carrier. If you like it, great. If not, try a different android device by a different OEM.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
If you're not a fan of the galaxy series of phones, then maybe you should try out the HTC One or the next iteration.

It trully is a classy bit of kit, and I personally much prefer sense over TouchWiz.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta