Disappearing "Night Mode" from Samsung Note 2 Camera Settings

sclw88

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I use my Note 2 camera quite a bit and I've recently discovered the wonders of "Night" Scene mode. The last time I used it was two days ago and suddenly, when I wanted to use it earlier the option to change to night mode was no longer there! I haven't touched any settings or update or removed any software and I can't seem to bring the option back. Has anyone had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it? I would appreciate any input into this mystery... Thank you.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is only "Night" mode missing in your SCN mode? Or the entire SCN mode is missing? If you pick a shooting mode other than Single Shot, sometime it will disable the SCN modes. It could also be your Flash settings too. I found the stock camera interface not easy to use. If I switch to Macro focus, it will remember it next time which I really don't want since I rarely do Macro. But I like most of my picture in HDR mode and it won't remember it.

Anit Kr

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Have you found any solution? I have the same problem as you. It makes me silly. I need to make night pics and i cannot.
Thanks!

I use my Note 2 camera quite a bit and I've recently discovered the wonders of "Night" Scene mode. The last time I used it was two days ago and suddenly, when I wanted to use it earlier the option to change to night mode was no longer there! I haven't touched any settings or update or removed any software and I can't seem to bring the option back. Has anyone had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it? I would appreciate any input into this mystery... Thank you.

NoPinky

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Solution to: Disappearing "Night Mode" from Samsung Note 2 Camera Settings

This is bug ist bugging me on my note 2 since I switched from s3 to note2 about 1 month ago. The same bug exists on the s3 after I resetted back to factory. But now I've found the solution: the night mode will appear again after you turn your flash setting to "automatic", and the night mode seems to stay even if you switch the flash mode back to "off". Finding this solution makes me really happy as I can shoot fancy fotos at night again.
Hope this works for you too. Please drop me a message if it does... or doesn't.