Unfortunately maps has stopped working

Aviv6897

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been getting the following error message "unfortunately maps has stopped working". The error appears to occur indiscriminately. I've gone online but cannot seem to find a fix. I've un installed the last update and reinstalled the latest. I've reset my phone but to no avail. Does anyone have a solution?

I'm using a TELUS note 2 with the latest OTA 4.3 os.

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Douglas Moir

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with both the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 tablet. It started 3 days ago and happens randomly, like when in the middle of a call. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I'm on 4.4.2 with both devices ant T-Mobile is my carrier.

Kimberly_C

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4. The problem started about 3 days ago for me as well. I have uninstalled Maps, cleared the data, cleared the cache... but nothing works. It's getting extremely frustrating. Would appreciate any insights....

tomla

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
It is related to the last "Google Now" update, disable Google now to prevent this crash.

Must be Google now calculating time to places via maps.

Aviv6897

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
The issue seems to have subsided although I don't recall seeing any kind of maps update. Hopefully it won't return.

asaini007

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm so glad this isn't just my phone. My nexus 5 and both my dad's and sister's moto X's are all getting this error! I don't know what to tell them... Any fixes? Is this acknowledged by Google?

AndreRomance Vaughn

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I found out that my google map was causing that message to pop up. You can reset the cache in the application settings and that should stop the message from popping up. If not then uninstall the google map update. I hope this helps. Have a blessed life.

Andre Romance

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I met the same problems and searched many internet pages for the solutions but didn't work. But finally I found my solution and I am happy to share with you. The latest version of google map is 8.1. I uninstalled it and install 8.0 then the problem is fixed. So try an older version and then stop the automatic update. The problem should be fixed.

this link, if you want download apk:
http://www.theandroidsoul.com/download-google-maps-apk-v8-0/

oldbaldguy

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm so glad this isn't just my phone. My nexus 5 and both my dad's and sister's moto X's are all getting this error! I don't know what to tell them... Any fixes? Is this acknowledged by Google?

Tell them to turn off Google Now as previously posted by tomla - fixed my issue on KitKat 4.4.2 with maps 9.1.0 immediately.

This was on a BLU Studio 5.0C HD unlocked running on the AT&T USA network.

Last edited:

traceofmagic

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi All

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and I'm experiencing the same thing. I have tried clearing the cache and data and restart my phone. Still same problem. My version is 8.2 it comes with phone and it cannot be uninstalled.

HELP! I always need maps. It's so annoying. I'm getting this stupid "unfortunately "APP" has stopped for other apps too.

stefania m

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi All

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and I'm experiencing the same thing. I have tried clearing the cache and data and restart my phone. Still same problem. My version is 8.2 it comes with phone and it cannot be uninstalled.

HELP! I always need maps. It's so annoying. I'm getting this stupid "unfortunately "APP" has stopped for other apps too.

rdrd143

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
same issue with me....I am using Samsung Note 3 with Android Ver 4.4.2 and with Google Maps Ver 9.6.1
No problem when I search for the place I want by Train/Bus. The problem start when I click the result given by Google Map, it will not continue. Apps will be closed and will pop up that Maps has stopped.
I am a frequent user of Maps and I love this app. Suddenly have an issue. I tried to uninstall the updated and bring back to factory default and downloaded again the updates. But issue still occuring.
can someone help me, let me know the steps I need to do in order to use this app again.. thanks

Pinky K

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Try uninstalling the application. sometimes there is error with the versions and they are not completely tested. load the previous version if possible or keep it off for some days and check whether it is working fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38