Removing OTA Update for Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 2

androidcentral8450

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully this is an oversight on my part...

My wife recently purchased a Note 2 which appears to be running one of the earliest versions of Jelly Bean. I followed the steps outlined here...

[Beginners Guide]How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - xda-developers

...to perform a simple root of the device. I say simple because there is no Custom indicator during start-up like on my S4. I do not know if that has anything to do with this but I will let the experts decide. SuperSU is installed and everything appears to be in order. I downloaded NoBloat Free and tried to follow the steps I used to disable OTA updates on my S4 (post #2 from http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/388737-how-do-i-stop-system-update.html). However, it appears the .apk used to push out updates on the Note 2 is different than the .apk file used for the S4. When I disabled the corresponding .apk file for the Note 2, several Google-related functions were lost including the Play Store.

I do not have her phone with me now but I can test any suggestions later this evening. Additionally, I do not recall the exact .apk file I disabled which caused the loss of the Play Store. Needless to say, I quickly enabled the .apk file once I noticed the issue. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez