Why is my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Stuck on First Boot Logo?? Hard Bricked??

robbsam

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Note II from someone (AT&T SGH-I317) that was apparently stuck in boot loop. I turned the phone on and besides the start up being a bit laggy it seemed fine running Android 4.1.2. There were a few issues like the S-Note application would crash and it was running slow so I decided to bring it back to its original firmware using Odin3 v3.07. That worked fine and I was running Android 4.1.1 on it. Later I decided to try using the AT&T factory update feature so I could get it running the latest firmware. After the update completed the phone restarted and has since been stuck on the first Samsung Galaxy Note II loading screen. I can not access the recovery menu at all, but I can access the download menu. Ive tried a thousand times to access the recovery. Ive tried many different kinds of custom recoveries, Ive tried to install the stock firmware again but nothing works. I dont know what to do. Please help! Thank you
From what Ive heard, this phone had been "fixed" before because of a boot loop issue.

Last edited:

Sally Joshua

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Check the md5 sum of your rom against the one on the download page. Also, if you have an SD card inserted, remove it. A corrupt card can cause various problems.

Power-shock the phone

While the Galaxy Note 2 is on, pop open the back panel and remove the battery.
Leave it without a battery for a minute but at the same time, press and hold the Power button. This will discharge its electronic components of stored electricity.
Place the battery back in.
Boot normally.

robbsam

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your reply!!
I checked the rom against the download on sammobile, that checks out. I dont have an SD card in the phone because I dont want my data on it getting damaged. I power shocked the phone twice but it still gets stuck on the first loading screen.

rwiggy3

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Did you find a solution? I woke up today to find my phone stuck on the first star u screen that says Samsung Galaxy Note II. The past week my phone has been saying the google app is not responding and closing my apps randomly. I have no idea what "google app" it was referring to. Now it wont turn on at all. It is all stock, no added firmware.

Joe Ferraino

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem. Applied a system update and forgot my phone was rooted couldn't get past the logo as well. Pulled down a factory rom for my Sprint Note 2 and was able to recover from it. Search XDA forums for a factory ROM otherwise you can try a site called theunlockr.com. there you will find links to unroot, look for your specific phone and carrier and download the rom. Good luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non