What is wrong with my phone?

A

AC Question

What is wrong with my phone

Hi all, recently my dad gave me my sister's old phone which is a Samsung Note 2, unfortunately there has been few problems with it. Firstly, the wifi was greyed out so we searched online on how to over come this problem and we had found that hitting the back of the phone will allow the wifi to work again, so we tried it out and it worked. But I think while doing that it caused another problem, the phone keeps freezing, whenever it freezes I restart the phone but the battery drains. Sometimes it turns off itself when it is fully charged, when I turn it back on the battery drains even when I take out the battery the same thing happens. Plus the wifi sometimes turns off and greys out, I have to keep hitting it until it works again. It freezes the most when I try using snapchat then it turns off and the battery drains.
When my sister had the phone she didn't use wifi as she had unlimited data and it never used to freeze.
Any idea why this is happening and how to prevent this from happening?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What is wrong with my phone

Welcome to Android Central! The temporary improvement with hitting the back of the phone suggests that there is a loose connection somewhere, so you may have to try opening the phone up to check, or have a technician do it.

The odd battery behavior could signify a failing battery, so it may be worth trying a new one.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Well, the greyed out wifi problem could have been fixed multiple ways, such as booting into safe mode, taking out the battery while the phone is still on, or even wiping the cache partition. The best solution for these problems you are facing is to go to a technican like B Diddy said.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty