Why won't my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 go into recovery mode & cannot hard reset?

A

AC Question

HELP! My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will not go into recovery mode & cannot hard reset!

I don't know what to do, the phone is able to go into download mode only I am unsure of what to download or if I can do anything with that to salvage it, I just want to try to recover the phone, it will not go into recovery mode at all the screen only turns black after seeing the Note II logo & I remove my finger from the power button. Trying to turn it on only shows me the Note II logo & it freezes while booting, I haven't been able to boot since it froze & turned off 3 days ago! HELP! Please!

donaldanttila

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why won't my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 go into recovery mode & cannot hard reset?

I've got the same problem. I've tried odin, minimal adb and fastboot, skipsoft toolkit. odin keeps failing. can someone help please! my wife woke up to the Samsung logo on note 2 SCH-I605 Verizon. I can't get into recovery it just goes to green android saying downloading do not turn off target!! I've tried flashing with odin but kept getting no PIT PARTITION or gets stuck in connecting. I've tried android toolkit but its waiting for debugging to be enabled. I tried minimal adb and fastboot. My computer doesn't see it as a Samsung phone. It shows up under devices and printers, unspecified, named gadget serial as a modem.
a Verizon manager said I needed to download the whole firmware file and run it in odin. Waiting on download now.

donaldanttila

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why won't my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 go into recovery mode & cannot hard reset?

I've got the same problem. I've tried odin, minimal adb and fastboot, skipsoft toolkit. odin keeps failing. can someone help please! my wife woke up to the Samsung logo on note 2 SCH-I605 Verizon. I can't get into recovery it just goes to green android saying downloading do not turn off target!! I've tried flashing with odin but kept getting no PIT PARTITION or gets stuck in connecting. I've tried android toolkit but its waiting for debugging to be enabled. I tried minimal adb and fastboot. My computer doesn't see it as a Samsung phone. It shows up under devices and printers, unspecified, named gadget serial as a modem.
a Verizon manager said I needed to download the whole firmware file and run it in odin. Waiting on download now.

donaldanttila

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I talked to jtag. If Odin says no pit partition most likely it's a bad emmc. There is video to replace emmc but insurance replaces phone for free because it's a known issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty