Using Fingerprint Scanner for Logins w/Apps? Websites? No More??

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So on my Note 9 and the Notes before it, I have always used 1Password for securely storing my passwords across devices with sync in the cloud. Works great. But when I would choose to fill in a password in my browser using 1Password, it would challenge me with a popup for the main password for the password vault and I would hook my index finger around the rear of the Note 9 and scan my finger on the fingerprint reader on the back.
Now, with the reader embedded i the screen, I don't get that opportunity, the onscreen keyboard remains up and there's no apparent way to scan my finger to sign in...Have we sacrificed using the fingerprint scanner for logins? If I go to my Wells Fargo Banking app where I have always used my fingerprint to login, there's no option for that just the password challenge on the screen?
Any thoughts or tips? I am thinking I will try uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password and may be I will get "Draw Over Other Apps" permission by installing it full on rather than with SmartSwitch?? BTW the keyboard I am using is Gboard, but will probably try Swiftkey that I have always used too...

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
This works perfectly fine with my Lastpass on my Note 20 Ultra 5G. Sounds like a compatibility issue with 1Password, maybe check to see if there is an update from them or reach out to them for support?

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yay...OK...got it working on Wells Fargo and 1Password! After verifying "Draw Over Permission" (search for it in settings) and rstarting, then going to WF and re-enabling Fingerprint Scan and after opening 1Password and checking that "Use Biometrics" was checked [it was], I disabled biometrics and when I re-enabled it, all is good...fingerpricnt scanner comes on over screen now. Phew...was worried we wouldn't be able to do this. Works great now.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So on my Note 9 and the Notes before it, I have always used 1Password for securely storing my passwords across devices with sync in the cloud. Works great. But when I would choose to fill in a password in my browser using 1Password, it would challenge me with a popup for the main password for the password vault and I would hook my index finger around the rear of the Note 9 and scan my finger on the fingerprint reader on the back.
Now, with the reader embedded i the screen, I don't get that opportunity, the onscreen keyboard remains up and there's no apparent way to scan my finger to sign in...Have we sacrificed using the fingerprint scanner for logins? If I go to my Wells Fargo Banking app where I have always used my fingerprint to login, there's no option for that just the password challenge on the screen?
Any thoughts or tips? I am thinking I will try uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password and may be I will get "Draw Over Other Apps" permission by installing it full on rather than with SmartSwitch?? BTW the keyboard I am using is Gboard, but will probably try Swiftkey that I have always used too...

I just set up using fingerprint for my citizens bank app. It works

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have right thumb, left thumb and right index prints. Seems plenty fast. I just double tap the screen and scan one and boom.