Switch between platforms

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I use both platforms I have the note 20 and iPhone 11 and switch every few months also a blackberry key 2. How many out there do the same?

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max right now and I’m doing everything I can to not buy the Note 20 ultra lol. I’ve looked at it twice in store, checked availability multiple times. Only reason I haven’t pulled the trigger yet is bc I would be the only android user in my family and friends circle. iMessage for me is really hard to leave

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have an 11 Pro Max and XR on the IOS side. Then a Note 20 Ultra and Pixel 4 XL on the Android side of the fence.
I switch back and forth all the time. Just pop in the sim card and go.....

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, they both have their merits, but Android has my heart due to the tight Google integration.

If Apple ever goes all in on allowing defaults, and I can switch out Siri for the Google Assistant, along with more Widget controls and customization....

I don't think I'd come back to Android.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
iMessage is the killer almost everyone I know has IPHONE.
I've used an iphone regularly enough, but I don't know what the big deal is about iMessage.

It's just a messaging app. Personally, I think it's just something Apple played up, and then allowed it users to further make a big deal out of something that isn't that important.

Just my own opinion. My family and friends use a variety of Apple and Android that no one ever gets 'left out'.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna post what I think from a Discord called, Off The Verge:

Quick Run Down:

I went with the following devices:
Note20 Ultra, Mystic Black, 128GB
Active Watch 2, 44mm
Tab S6, 128GB
Galaxy Buds+, White

You'll notice my last three devices are older models, so I'll explain.

I avoided the newest Galaxy Watch because I don't care for tachometers on smart watches. Just strikes me as unnecessary.

Tab S6 because I wasn't sure how I would like switching back to an Android tablet. Wanted to save cost in case I had to send it back.

Galaxy Buds+ because I don't care for the look of the beans, nor do I care for the 'open ear' design. I prefer having that seal when I place them in my ear.

My thoughts on how they compare to my Apple gear:

iPad Pro 11 (2018) vs Tab S6 (2019)

Absolutely feels like a 1 to 1 switch! I was confident about the watch and phone replacements. My worries truly went towards changing away from an iPad.

As some of you know, I purchased a Motorola Xoom on day one of its launch. I promptly switched to the iPad 2 half a year later and have been using them almost exclusively.

The Tab S6 has been pleasant to use. Outside of a couple of obscure banking apps, the other ones I use work and look as they should. Android does have more optimized tablet apps than they are given credit for. You can be just as 'productive' on it as with an iPad; depending on your profession.

Oh, and that AMOLED screen makes up for it's only 60hz refresh rate!

That said, I still think the iPad is the best tablet around. But I won't dog Android tablets anymore...at least Samsung made ones.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Apple Watch 3 vs Active 2

Both do what I need: payments, notifications, and fitness. They do them equally well in my opinion and it's basically a wash.

AirPods Pro vs Galaxy Buds+

For calls, the AirPods are better. For music, the Buds+.

I don't miss ANC at all....but Transparency Mode on the AirPods Pro.... I do miss it!!! Apple is doing Google Pixel camera level magic with that Transparency Mode. I'll not be selling my Pros at all.

iPhone XS Max vs Note20 Ultra

The Ultra is a beast of a phone. From inside out, it is just a beastly device. Quality, fit and finish, is equal to what Apple manages.

Haven't had a chance to truly test the camera, but I will this weekend. I'll be sure to post photos, along with how it does using something like GCam.

I'm throughout pleased with my purchases and will update frequently.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I've used an iphone regularly enough, but I don't know what the big deal is about iMessage.

It's just a messaging app. Personally, I think it's just something Apple played up, and then allowed it users to further make a big deal out of something that isn't that important.

Just my own opinion. My family and friends use a variety of Apple and Android that no one ever gets 'left out'.

With iMessage it comes down to sending high quality videos and pictures easily. Specially when it’s slightly older family members (mom & dad) or less tech savvy/not worried about it friends. Like if my mom Or dad is watching my daughter and they send a video it comes in pixelated and grainy. Hard to get them learn to send it other ways. my friends just aren’t worried with sending videos different ways, they send it through text and how it goes is how it goes (they all have iPhones)

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have an 11 Pro Max and XR on the IOS side. Then a Note 20 Ultra and Pixel 4 XL on the Android side of the fence.
I switch back and forth all the time. Just pop in the sim card and go.....
How do you do that ? If I Just Pop my Sim between my iPhone and android my voicemail gets messed up big time. I literally have to call them to get it fixed.
I have Verizon.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
With iMessage it comes down to sending high quality videos and pictures easily. Specially when it’s slightly older family members (mom & dad) or less tech savvy/not worried about it friends. Like if my mom Or dad is watching my daughter and they send a video it comes in pixelated and grainy. Hard to get them learn to send it other ways. my friends just aren’t worried with sending videos different ways, they send it through text and how it goes is how it goes (they all have iPhones)
My friends and family send photos through Google Photos.

What funny is that I didn't have to convince them to do it. Many of them love the free backups and it's a psedo messaging system for us.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
My friends and family send photos through Google Photos.

What funny is that I didn't have to convince them to do it. Many of them love the free backups and it's a psedo messaging system for us.

Wish my friends were that easy lol. My parents I could probably remind enough to use Facebook messenger lol. My friends would just be like “should’ve stayed with Apple” ugh.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
How do you do that ? If I Just Pop my Sim between my iPhone and android my voicemail gets messed up big time. I literally have to call them to get it fixed.
I have Verizon.

I have Verizon too. Haven't had any issues with voicemails. If coming from iPhone to Android...I make sure to sign out of iMessage and turn my iPhone off. Then pop my sim into my Android phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech