Scratches on screen =[

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I never put on any screen protector on my S10+ and it never scratched at all. Figured I don't need one for the Note either. My new Note20 Ultra got some micro scratches already. Only notice it at an angle. This new "victus" screen is not so tough after all.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any on mine yet but any glass if comes in contact with sand particles or materials like that is going to get scratched irrespective of whatever gorilla glass version they make.

I still refuse to put screen protector on my phone since I enjoy it using without it at the expense of possibility of getting micro scratches.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any on mine yet but any glass if comes in contact with sand particles or materials like that is going to get scratched irrespective of whatever gorilla glass version they make.

I still refuse to put screen protector on my phone since I enjoy it using without it at the expense of possibility of getting micro scratches.

Agreed. That's why I never put one on my S10+. And never scratched on me. I was also careful on this phone too. Never put it inside a pocket with keys or coins. Really upset about it but nothing major.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I always use a screen protector and case on my devices. I just wish I was young again to see scratches on my screen.

scotiez1

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
No screen protector on mine either and I have no scratches. Never used a screen protector on my galaxy s7 either and never had any scratches on it either. How ever other phones that i have had like the Pixels i had to put a screen protector on them cause there screens are so inferior to samsungs.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I never put on any screen protector on my S10+ and it never scratched at all. Figured I don't need one for the Note either. My new Note20 Ultra got some micro scratches already. Only notice it at an angle. This new "victus" screen is not so tough after all.

I despise Corning for them selling something as if it's so much better. The real benefit of Gorilla Glass Victus? It's cheaper to produce and improves the Cornings bottom line. Lol

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I despise Corning for [...] selling something as if it's so much better.
Corning makes very specific claims for how good Gorilla Glass Victus is. I've seen no evidence against those specific claims; have you? It's not Corning's fault if some customers form expectations that exceed the advertised claims.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I like to go on the side of caution and fit a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector on mine.

That and it has the chance to protect the screen from an accidental bump.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have this silly need/desire to keep my phones as blemish-free as possible so a screen protector is a requirement. The WSD is the only protector for the curved Samsung phones that not only protects and works with the ultrasonic fps but doesn't noticably detract from the beautiful screen. They're unfortunately relatively expensive.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I used to worry as well keeping my devices mint given that I don't use screen protectors, but with good trade in offers minor scratches, dings are completely fine and fall under normal wear and tear. Only need to worry about keeping devices mint if you are looking to sell privately. Now a days I just use the phone normally without worrying about their may be minor scratches as I use the device. If after 6 months it's still in great condition then I'll sell privately if not I'll use it as trade in especially for Samsung pre orders since their trade ins are pretty good.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I used to worry as well keeping my devices mint given that I don't use screen protectors, but with good trade in offers minor scratches, dings are completely fine and fall under normal wear and tear. Only need to worry about keeping devices mint if you are looking to sell privately. Now a days I just use the phone normally without worrying about their may be minor scratches as I use the device. If after 6 months it's still in great condition then I'll sell privately if not I'll use it as trade in especially for Samsung pre orders since their trade ins are pretty good.
I get some perverse weird pleasure out of the phone being in flawless condition. Once they're scratched up or dinged I don't enjoy them as much and they just become communication tools. I know, I know...I should really get some help about that.

akuma13

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I went to the beach yesterday and of course got a minor scratch across the screen. Its barely noticeable but yeah if I keep the phone, will probably have to go the trade in route instead of selling it on my own. Lesson learn but I'm not going to kill myself over it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I went to the beach yesterday and of course got a minor scratch across the screen. Its barely noticeable but yeah if I keep the phone, will probably have to go the trade in route instead of selling it on my own. Lesson learn but I'm not going to kill myself over it.
Also, a good tg screen protector will hide the atrocity from view, WSD would do well here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89