How long will you keep your N20

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This subject was mentioned in another thread about people keeping their phones longer, mostly because of price.

With the N20 and N20U being really nice phones, 3 updates guaranteed from Samsung, etc. I was just curious.

I will probably keep mine for 2 years because of the tmobile trade in offer and, for me, I don't see much improvement in the next series. I almost didn't upgrade because my N9 was still in great condition, but decided to a few days ago and I'm happy with the N20U 128gb.

So, how long will you keep your N20?

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
All depends on what's next. I usually upgrade every year but I will say, this is my first Note and this thing is a beast.

Note20 Ultra

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
The last few phones I've had were purchased on alternate years. My previous phones were/are S6E+, S8+, S10+ and now the GN20U. Having said that, I certainly would upgrade sooner if a device wows me.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Decided at least two years if not longer for my note 20. Just retired and time to settle for one device can't keep spending money every year.

And to be perfectly honest this is the best device to date can't see needing more than what this device provides.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
All depends on what's next. I usually upgrade every year but I will say, this is my first Note and this thing is a beast.

Note20 Ultra
I really like my Note 20s, I'm thinking...perhaps a year. I'll have to see what Next year's Note(s) look like.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It usually costs me next to nothing to upgrade when you factor all the discounts and I feel it's the best way to recoup resale value by staying with fresh unit. I don't mind spending the money to upgrade. One thing I won't do is buy the model with the most memory or storage because the difference you pay never gets you more on trade in.
I am trying to break the habit getting both the S and Note series though. I do enjoy using the s20 Utra though as my work phone rather than the iPhone XR that they provide. I still use the iPhone XR but there's no SIM in it. I use the Verizon messaging app with WIFI which allows both the S20 ultra and the iPhone XR to ring.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I will stick with the 20 Ultra until the 21/30 comes out, possibly another year even, depending on the price and specs offered next year.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably be keeping mine at least till the Fold 3. I really think the Fold 3 is where Samsung will get it completely fine tuned and possibly the price to come down. plus the Note 20 Ultra should give a big trade in value towards it.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
This subject was mentioned in another thread about people keeping their phones longer, mostly because of price.

With the N20 and N20U being really nice phones, 3 updates guaranteed from Samsung, etc. I was just curious.

I will probably keep mine for 2 years because of the tmobile trade in offer and, for me, I don't see much improvement in the next series. I almost didn't upgrade because my N9 was still in great condition, but decided to a few days ago and I'm happy with the N20U 128gb.

So, how long will you keep your N20?
Ditto.jpg
Almost word for word Deb, I had done every Note right up until the Note 9 and then hung onto that one for two years!!! Like you, if it hadn't been for "Samsung's" Trade-in Pre-Order" Deal accompanied by the $150.00 accessory Credit, I would still be rocking MY Note 9 as well! I went with the 512GB Ultra though... after the way the Note 9 worked out, it would take a major change to make me jump again before two years have passed!
eThumbs_Up.jpg

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
For me, depends. If they come out with a gold with a pen next year, i will certainly go that route. Otherwise, i will probably keep the 20 for a few years..I still have my 10+, due to the 3 update policy. So, really really depends on Samsung..

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I will keep it as my daily driver up to the next Note or whatever it will be called is released. This Note will then become my back-up for likely another year before it ends up being traded.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
In for 30 months with the AT&T the $300 deal for the N20U but that's ok... I kept my Note 8 for 3 years and really enjoyed it it was a good phone right until the end when the GPS started failing. The $1000 off promotion came at the right time, it served me well to the very end making it a good trade-in. And that phone only cost me $450 with my corp discount so I feel I got my moneys worth. I can see myself holding on to this phone for a few years too if it stays as trouble-free that my 8 was.

And also... I'm loving the Mystic White and Silver camera module/trim color... Finally released a color at launch I really liked/wanted. This is also make holding on to it for a while easier.

S21/Note30 guesses... In-glass front camera... 120hz at QHD... 2nd gen 180MP camera... 2nd gen FPS?? Just like the Note 9... I don't expect much of a change to wanna update. The Note 10+ would have been a good replacement option for my 8 so I suspect the S22/Note40 may be the one to watch for. Or iPhone 14 Pro or 4th gen Fold if they can thin it down and make it more durable.

customshopkv1

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
I wonder if the next S phone will have the pen, would that cause the Note to go away. I have the S20U and love it, I wanted the N20U but just couldn't pull the trigger. If in fact the next S has the pen, I'll be happy and pick that up. Would this cause you Note people to switch?

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Looking at the video that TechTalkTV posted earlier, I will be looking to upgrade next year as I have done with most of my Galaxy Note devices, especially from the Note 8 onwards.

I think I will be happier with an all round equal phone globally with the same spec options for everyone regarding storage size, ram size, colours, release times and more importantly CPU/GPU spec which i think could be possible.

I very nearly kept the Note 10+ this year but I've got that itch when a new Galaxy Note gets announced and my fingers are just drawn to the upgrade button(Damn you Samsung)

https://youtu.be/xLo7YHy-VlU

scotiez1

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I will probably keep this phone for 2 years at least. My last phone I only kept for less than a year cause I hated it. But my previous 2 phones I kept for 2 years each.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if the next S phone will have the pen, would that cause the Note to go away. I have the S20U and love it, I wanted the N20U but just couldn't pull the trigger. If in fact the next S has the pen, I'll be happy and pick that up. Would this cause you Note people to switch?
I doubt the Spen will go over to the S series and eliminate the Note but if that does happen that just makes it a Note with a different name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith