Web browser freezing. Stop responding

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Before samsung web browser keep freezing.
Stop working. Then I started to use Google chrome but that also starts to freeze stop responding.

Samsung web browser does it most often.
Google chrome does it less.
What's the problem? Is samsung flagship using do much resources that it can't handle web pages. Or is it 120Hz display making the web page freeze?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't sound right both browsers are freezing have you checked your internet connection and make sure it's not that? I have no issues with both of them.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Same website on each browser freezing? Have any extensions or adblockers on each? Any special settings like open in Desktop mode by default?

No issue with my Samsung browser. Don't use Chrome.

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I have internet connection. WiFi most of the time.
On samsung internet web browser I have ad blocker. Keeps freezing every few minutes.
Google chrome freezing after few weeks. Only happened once with Google Chrome since I had the phone.
On iphone I didn't have this problem.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I would say disable any ad-blockers on Samsung Browser as well as check Galaxy Store for updates because I noticed a Samsung Browser update pushed to my phone the other day... but the fact you have freezing on two separate browsers even they are both Chromium based makes me think it's an app/service outside the browsers causing conflict... Antivirus with web protection type feature installed or any other type of app with web blocking/protection in use??

I use Adguard fully licensed version that's side loaded so it ad blocks all browsers and even apps that may push ads but no issues. I use BitDefender for anti-virus but know it has a web blocking feature but I don't turn it on. I have SurfShark VPN that I think has setting for web protection but I don't enable it... you using a VPN?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have internet connection. WiFi most of the time.
On samsung internet web browser I have ad blocker. Keeps freezing every few minutes.
Google chrome freezing after few weeks. Only happened once with Google Chrome since I had the phone.
On iphone I didn't have this problem.

Again, did you try it in Safe Mode?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use both browsers and haven't run into this , I agree with B. Diddy put in safe mode and see if it still acting up.

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
See if it'll also freeze on another browser, preferable one that doesn't share the same browser engine as Chrome and Samsung Browser. I'd recommend Firefox.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
You didn't have this problem because iPhone won't let you do anything and is restrictive. On these you can. I can almost guarantee it's something you downloaded or changed. No one has had this issue. Mine operates like butter and handles anything I throw at it.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Chrome, isn't it a resource hog still?

I won't surf without AdGuard Pro. Web is @#$ mess without.

For browser, Samsung Internet Beta #1.

Recycle modem and router. Keep it updated.

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Not yet. Haven't tried safe mode yet.
To the other guy I'm not making excuses to go back to iPhone.
Even another person in this thread also has the same problem. So why don't you tell him also to get iphone only.
If you can't help then don't reply, but no need to tell me I'm making stuff up and telling me to move to iPhone.
I can use both platforms together if I wanted to.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough, let's not have this discussion start spiraling into something that isn't helpful to anyone.:)

So boot into Safe Mode and tell us if the problem still happens. You said it happens every few minutes using the Samsung browser. This should make it easy to figure out if the problem is due to something you installed vs some issue with the system. If it doesn't freeze in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. The challenge then is to pinpoint the app -- that might mean uninstalling apps one by one until the freezing goes away.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Not yet. Haven't tried safe mode yet.
To the other guy I'm not making excuses to go back to iPhone.
Even another person in this thread also has the same problem. So why don't you tell him also to get iphone only.
If you can't help then don't reply, but no need to tell me I'm making stuff up and telling me to move to iPhone.
I can use both platforms together if I wanted to.

Generally any issue you have on Android is something you changed or downloaded from an unreliable source. It's a great freedom to have and is one of the many reasons I use this platform. The con being you can cause issues if you aren't really a technical person. What is the last thing you changed or downloaded before this issue started?