Note 20 Ultra melted and exploded video.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Video of TK's Note 20 Ultra that got real hot and melted/exploded battery. Interesting.

My Note 20 got hot out of the blue one time, not this bad and I've had not problems since.

This is just the first one I've seen pulling a Note 7 battery blow.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Video of TK's Note 20 Ultra that got real hot and melted/exploded battery. Interesting.

My Note 20 got hot out of the blue one time, not this bad and I've had not problems since.

This is just the first one I've seen pulling a Note 7 battery blow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPYh-z-qQ_g

Meh it happens sometimes; says so in all the literature everyone trashes inside the box when they open it lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Never had my SD get hot or warm , could be something freak that happened to him, I hear the Exynos don't have same cooling as the SD so would them to run warm but not meltdown.

Last edited:

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I was a little disappointed since there was no actual explosion with little bits of phone everywhere. Wonder why he titled the video that way; click bait, I guess.

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
Mine gets super hot when just watching videos way over 115°. Bugs me but I don't feel like dealing with samsung for a replacement.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Mine gets super hot when just watching videos way over 115°. Bugs me but I don't feel like dealing with samsung for a replacement.
Wow, honestly for the price they're charging for these, I'd contact Samsung.

Even the overheating BB Priv wouldn't get THAT hot when watching videos...I think.

Are you on Exynos or Snapdragon?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Wow, honestly for the price they're charging for these, I'd contact Samsung.

Even the overheating BB Priv wouldn't get THAT hot when watching videos...I think.

Are you on Exynos or Snapdragon?
The price and an overheating device are mutually exclusive. A concern is a concern regardless of price.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
No doubt, but action should be taken even more so when the device costs $1300.
Disagree.... Price shouldn't matter when setting quality expectations. The average consumer should expect proper performance regardless of how much they pay unless they are buying a knockoff. When we pay 1300 vs 500 it's because of features not a daily performance factor.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Don't let it bug you and don't wait. If you feel it's a legitimate concern get it fixed or swapped. Overheating is not good and if there's a real issue going on it could be dangerous. It is definitely not normal unless on occasion you are overworking the device.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to add my two cents in here about the battery...... This past weekend I just came back from Samsung Customer Service after they replaced the battery in my Note 9. The battery swelled up so much that the back glass lifted about 1cm exposing the inside. It actually hasn't been 2 years since I've had that phone because I recall mine didn't get delivered until October with the shipping debacles from 2 years ago. The reason why I mention this is...

Last year around exactly THIS time, I had the Samsung Customer Service center replace the battery in my Note 8 because the battery also swelled up so much that the back glass lifted about 1cm exposing the inside. The phone was also at that point about 2 years old. It's has since been traded in.

So, I'm not trying to say anything about the batteries because since there has not been widespread swollen battery issues (that I've noticed), but it's uncanny that this happens to me two years in a row. I am chalking it up to something that I must be doing - but I can't figure out what since I don't charge it when it doesn't need charging. I typically let it go through a cycle before recharging. I don't do anything special. I don't leave it plugged in forever. I actually do not use Fast charge all the time since most of my chargers were not. Perhaps I am just unlucky, but hell if it happens to my Note 10+ next Aug/Sep.... I'm going to start wondering really WTF?

The only other time I've ever had a swollen battery issue with Samsung was with my Note 4 batteries which swelled after a number of years by themselves without even charging - but those were removable and I didn't need to visit any service center.

All of this swelling always happened when it was not plugged in for charging, too.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to add my two cents in here about the battery...... This past weekend I just came back from Samsung Customer Service after they replaced the battery in my Note 9. The battery swelled up so much that the back glass lifted about 1cm exposing the inside. It actually hasn't been 2 years since I've had that phone because I recall mine didn't get delivered until October with the shipping debacles from 2 years ago. The reason why I mention this is...

Last year around exactly THIS time, I had the Samsung Customer Service center replace the battery in my Note 8 because the battery also swelled up so much that the back glass lifted about 1cm exposing the inside. The phone was also at that point about 2 years old. It's has since been traded in.

So, I'm not trying to say anything about the batteries because since there has not been widespread swollen battery issues (that I've noticed), but it's uncanny that this happens to me two years in a row. I am chalking it up to something that I must be doing - but I can't figure out what since I don't charge it when it doesn't need charging. I typically let it go through a cycle before recharging. I don't do anything special. I don't leave it plugged in forever. I actually do not use Fast charge all the time since most of my chargers were not. Perhaps I am just unlucky, but hell if it happens to my Note 10+ next Aug/Sep.... I'm going to start wondering really WTF?

The only other time I've ever had a swollen battery issue with Samsung was with my Note 4 batteries which swelled after a number of years by themselves without even charging - but those were removable and I didn't need to visit any service center.

All of this swelling always happened when it was not plugged in for charging, too.

Things that make you go hmmm.....