Camera Scanning not working UIltra

Notetastic

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I can't seem to scan a piece of paper in the stock camera app like I could before? With the UItra because it's terrible macro shot capabilities? You have this issue?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to scan a piece of paper in the stock camera app like I could before? With the UItra because it's terrible macro shot capabilities? You have this issue?
Use a scanning app like Google's Photoscan. Works much better than just taking a photo. Works great for documents and photos.

Notetastic

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Hmm interesting? I hold it back far even and the scan doesn't appear on stock camera. My Note 9 could do this even.. Maybe my model? Also I don't want to have to download another app for this thanks for recommendation though.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hmm interesting? I hold it back far even and the scan doesn't appear on stock camera. My Note 9 could do this even.. Maybe my model? Also I don't want to have to download another app for this thanks for recommendation though.
Does your Note 9 actually scan or does it just take a picture?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Here's how to activate it.
Camera Settings: Scene Optimzer Toggle On
Then in the camera screen toggle the optimizer blueScreenshot_20201004-173752_Camera.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201004-173828_Camera.jpeg
    Screenshot_20201004-173828_Camera.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 12

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Second attachment for Step 2 to toggle optimizer on. Then snap photo over a document and scan dialogue should pop up. Screenshot_20201004-173828_Camera~2.jpeg

Notetastic

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the info Mike I do have it on already. The yellow box that used to say scan that was on my Note 10 plus and Note 9 is the thing not appearing. I assume it is to do with the big sensor and close up photos not appearing as in focus all the way around. Unless someone found a work around?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info Mike I do have it on already. The yellow box that used to say scan that was on my Note 10 plus and Note 9 is the thing not appearing. I assume it is to do with the big sensor and close up photos not appearing as in focus all the way around. Unless someone found a work around?
Mine is working

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I get it to appear after snapping shot or holding it over what I'm trying to scan and moving it up and down if it's not at the right height

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Here's a photo of my phone since a screenshot wouldn't capture it20201004_175146.jpeg

Notetastic

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Hmm that is odd Ive done that still nothing i hold it up to even 2 ft away and as close as a 6ft and nothing. I also cleared camera settings, deleted cache and data from the app. Also made sure the scan toggle under scene optimizer was on. Im very Android phone savy and this is still throwing me for a loop. When i first got the phone it wouldn't load the camera app when pressed and i had to turn it off to get something other than a black screen?

Only thing I haven't tried i believe is a factory reset and those are the worst especially having 300gbs worth of stuff on my phone. lol

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Mine will scan from the TV!
I was surprised when I put up a photo on the TV and the Note 20 gave me the option to scan, works well on my phone.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Mine seems to only pop up when it wants to. I can try to scan several similar objects and it will show up on some but not others. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the ones it works on. I've been trying to figure it out.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine works even when I don't want it to (I just ignore it).

What provider do you have?
Locked or unlocked? Did you get and do any updates?

I'm on tmobile, USA, locked and September 1 patch.