Speaker Issue

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way I can fix my speaker issue without sending my phone in to Samsung or dealing with AT&T?

At certain moments my speakers can be on 100 % and when I play video it sounds like the volume is on 2%. I have to keep restarting the phone for the volume to correct itself.

I can't go through Samsung because I have no back up phone to send it in and me and AT&T aren't friends right now. I'd rather not have to give them any deductible money because they suck.

Does this issue even fall under the year warranty where I don't have to pay?

Any tips are appreciated.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I wrestled with making a claim because I didn't want to go through having to return the old phone through the mail.. I probably should have done a factory reset before calling , but either way I'd still have to redo my phone. I went ahead with the claim. Fingers crossed everything goes well.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Try disabling Notifications during the period you are watching video.

Also Optimize the Device. May be a program in memory causing the issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen with multiple apps, or only a certain app? Does it also happen in Safe Mode?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Does this happen with multiple apps, or only a certain app? Does it also happen in Safe Mode?
I only noticed it because I was watching a video on IG and the volume was super low. Turned the volume up and it never changed. I thought maybe it was the video itself so I tried a different IG video , a video saved on my phone, and a few songs and it was the same. I restarted the phone and all was normal.

Since I watch videos or listen to music at random times during a 24 hour period it's hard to figure out exactlt when it goes out and for how long before I have to restart . I've had to restart the phone multiple days in a row for the past two weeks though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, see if the problem happens with apps besides Instagram. If it's only with Instagram, then it's probably specific to that app. Try also clearing the app cache in Settings>Apps for Instagram.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, see if the problem happens with apps besides Instagram. If it's only with Instagram, then it's probably specific to that app. Try also clearing the app cache in Settings>Apps for Instagram.
Its not app specific. I tried Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, played a movie i have saved on my phone , and played some music. Everything was low . I had the volume up to 100. I did clear the IG cache when I first noticed the problem. Once I restart the phone it will be working like nothing is wrong.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try uninstalling updates to the Android System Webview app -- updates to this system app can occasionally cause issues with specific devices.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Its not app specific. I tried Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, played a movie i have saved on my phone , and played some music. Everything was low . I had the volume up to 100. I did clear the IG cache when I first noticed the problem. Once I restart the phone it will be working like nothing is wrong.
You have sound assistant app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs