Phone starting

Nov 27, 2020
Visit site
After u restart your phone for whatever reason is there a way to bypass the "phone starting" mode...this feels sluggish and in fact feels like it slows down the startup...thanks

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

You can't unless you root and install another Rom

Other Roms don't show the "phone starting" message?? Which ones?

I always wondered why they added that in... Wasn't on my Note 8 up to the last OS update it got. Is is an Android 10 thing?? What doesn't start or work after a reboot/power on if you don't unlock the phone and let it "start?"

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Other Roms don't show the "phone starting" message?? Which ones?

I always wondered why they added that in... Wasn't on my Note 8 up to the last OS update it got. Is is an Android 10 thing?? What doesn't start or work after a reboot/power on if you don't unlock the phone and let it "start?"
Might be andriod 10 and up thing

A custom Rom to tailor to your liking, and change boot up ,etc

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Might be andriod 10 and up thing

A custom Rom to tailor to your liking, and change boot up ,etc

Oh ok. I thought you meant there was another current carrier specific rom or Samsung unlocked rom that doesn’t produce the message.

Do you what what type of services or apps don’t start until you actually unlock the phone after a restart? Just curious.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh ok. I thought you meant there was another current carrier specific rom or Samsung unlocked rom that doesn’t produce the message.

Do you what what type of services or apps don’t start until you actually unlock the phone after a restart? Just curious.
Yeah something happens in that process then everything good to go , I don't know the full details because it's not talked about much .

Nov 27, 2020
Visit site
Hey thanks man...I've been around forever just never really posted besides when I had the first Droid incredible hahahaha..this boot up makes it feel clunky and slow...not sure why they did this

Jerry Schuller

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
The Phone Starting message only displays for a few seconds. I don't have a problem with that. I think that before they started displaying the message, the Samsung logo displayed a few seconds longer, so the start up time is the same. My Note 20 Ultra starts up faster than my Note 10+.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The Phone Starting message only displays for a few seconds. I don't have a problem with that. I think that before they started displaying the message, the Samsung logo displayed a few seconds longer, so the start up time is the same. My Note 20 Ultra starts up faster than my Note 10+.
I think your right about that!

sbhnet

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

I have a Samsung unlocked phone and the starting message does show up but only for a second at most.