Samsung Z Fold 3 Pre-orders.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I might have considered trading, however, the trade value on my N20U "512gb" 5g is the same as the 128gm model.
So no, I'll be sticking with my N20U 512gb 5g.

They've stopped differentiating values of trade-ins with different storage for quite some time. They, meaning Samsung AND Apple. It's annoying for sure, but it's been like this for a while, and people who plan on trading in phones should by now realize that your trade-in value is not going to increase just because you have more storage ram.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I really don’t expect this version to be big upgrade over the Fold 2 …it will have pen support but I’m not carry around a pen not connected to the phone …two device trade in great idea and usually Samsung gives good value with their trade in program …some buds possible with purchase from what I heard …I have one upgrade in mind this year end so might pass and just go Pro 6 …all said I did reserve with Samsung just in case …and I do need to get my front screen fixed soon if I plan on trading in the Fold 2 ….
There never is big improvements on phones from year to year. Water resistant is a major upgrade, and hopefully dust resistance is in the deck of cards also. I think you have said you're concerned about first generation under screen camera, but I am excited about it. Then again I don't care if the camera works on the front screen, I'm not having to take selfies for Facebook, I would be more excited to get rid of the front camera to help create room for embedded Spen. Also, the rumored 120 refresh rate added to the front screen is a nice improvement.

So adding these to the list of what you listed and others for me makes the fold 3 a larger upgrade then normal, and at a expected lower price then the previous folds. Then add the rumored $1,000 trade in on the fold 2, it's becoming a good deal, providing it's true.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
They just announced you can trade up to 2 devices for the fold 3 , i might bite but no not giving up my Note20U for it , Never !!! Lol

You can trade up to TWO devices for it? That sounds steep! But I guess these foldable phones are expensive! And at least you have that option!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You can trade up to TWO devices for it? That sounds steep! But I guess these foldable phones are expensive! And at least you have that option!
Actually it's speculated 20% price drop and you can trade in 2 devices. New tech is never cheap, my parents paid $600 for their first VCR, and that was a cheap price because a relative was in the business and sold cheaper.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Here is a leaked picture of a case for the Spen on the fold 3. Wonder what they want for that.

82980776f8a67b07bf7d5c01a4a2055a.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5go...xy-fold-3-case-s-pen-flip-3-renders-leak/amp/

I personally think it will make using the front screen one handed difficult.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hold on, are they actually covering the front of the display with that cover?? :eek:

What a terrible design IMO... it makes taking the phone out and glancing at the front screen for notifications or do a quick read/reply or whatever either impossible or an huge inconvenience.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hold on, are they actually covering the front of the display with that cover?? :eek:

What a terrible design IMO... it makes taking the phone out and glancing at the front screen for notifications or do a quick read/reply or whatever either impossible or an huge inconvenience.
I see that. I know I wouldn't want anything covering the front screen like that.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There never is big improvements on phones from year to year. Water resistant is a major upgrade, and hopefully dust resistance is in the deck of cards also. I think you have said you're concerned about first generation under screen camera, but I am excited about it. Then again I don't care if the camera works on the front screen, I'm not having to take selfies for Facebook, I would be more excited to get rid of the front camera to help create room for embedded Spen. Also, the rumored 120 refresh rate added to the front screen is a nice improvement.

So adding these to the list of what you listed and others for me makes the fold 3 a larger upgrade then normal, and at a expected lower price then the previous folds. Then add the rumored $1,000 trade in on the fold 2, it's becoming a good deal, providing it's true.

I would normally disagree with removing selfie cam but in this case it would make more sense to use the selfie cam when it's folded. I don't do many selfies so it would not bother me if the large display didn't have one

Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Rumor mill says Samsung plans on offering the highest trade in on the fold 2 for the fold 3, and rumored amount is $1,000. So I doubt the note 20 ultra will be over $800 for trade.

Wow, I actually didn't keep track of prices on a Fold2... $1800! :eek:

So lets see... let's say someone traded in a Note 10+ to get the Fold 2... be generous and say $700 so $1100 out of pocket for the Fold2. Now to get a Fold3 you get $1000 for your Fold2 and pay $800 out of pocket.

Are the changes between Fold2 and Fold3 worth the upgrade??

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I actually didn't keep track of prices on a Fold2... $1800! :eek:

So lets see... let's say someone traded in a Note 10+ to get the Fold 2... be generous and say $700 so $1100 out of pocket for the Fold2. Now to get a Fold3 you get $1000 for your Fold2 and pay $800 out of pocket.

Are the changes between Fold2 and Fold3 worth the upgrade??
Are the upgrades between any yearly upgrade worth the cost?

The fold 2 to 3 is more of a upgrade then any of the notes or S series. You get the same small hardware updates and crap, but you also go from zero water protection to water resistant, think IPX 8, whatever the letters are. No hole in the screen for the camera, Spen support. So, yes, there are more reasons to upgrade to the fold 3, more then there was to go from S20 to S21.

Also the price is going down for the fold 3. And everyone knows when it comes to electronics, you have to pay to play.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Samsung Z Fold 3 Pre-Orders

My Fold 2 price after selling the freebies and Note 10+ trade in came out to $1300 or less with rebates …so $1000 if true which I believe so will mean I spent $300 for the year for this phone …well add $150 after I fix the front screen…we shall see though

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Are the upgrades between any yearly upgrade worth the cost?

The fold 2 to 3 is more of a upgrade then any of the notes or S series. You get the same small hardware updates and crap, but you also go from zero water protection to water resistant, think IPX 8, whatever the letters are. No hole in the screen for the camera, Spen support. So, yes, there are more reasons to upgrade to the fold 3, more then there was to go from S20 to S21.

Also the price is going down for the fold 3. And everyone knows when it comes to electronics, you have to pay to play.
I just hope they figure out how to improve the outer layer screen durability because of the Spen.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I just hope they figure out how to improve the outer layer screen durability because of the Spen.

Really too bad the outer glass screen is not the writable panel. It make perfect sense in a "hold in one hand write in another while on the go" and with glass no issue with harming the glass. To hold the phone unfolded in one hand and write with the other without having to lay it on a surface to write??

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Really too bad the outer glass screen is not the writable panel. It make perfect sense in a "hold in one hand write in another while on the go" and with glass no issue with harming the glass. To hold the phone unfolded in one hand and write with the other without having to lay it on a surface to write??
Did they say s pen won't work on front screen

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Did they say s pen won't work on front screen

I actually don't know. I asked in a post here the other day and didn't get a response so just guessing not...

"Durability is a vital spec for folding phones, but it will be doubly important for the upcoming Z Fold 3, which Roh confirms will have stylus support. It may not work with the existing S Pens that are designed for the Galaxy S21 Ultra, however, as Roh indicates that Samsung will announce “the first-ever S Pen designed specifically for foldable phones.”"

https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/26/22594685/samsung-z-fold-3-stylus-support-note-durability

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't see why it wouldn't

To be cheap?? If the rumored $1599 price for new model... gotta have saved the $200 somewhere.

Hmm... gsmarena was wondering about it too. But interesting enough they are thinking that maybe only the outer screen is writable. Interesting thought because then you don't have to worry about the inside display. But I would feel that both displays should be writable.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_le...ers_and_water_resistance_leaks-news-50241.php

"Also, something that hasn’t been made clear is whether the S Pen will be compatible with the cover display and the internal one. We’d be disappointed to learn that Samsung replaced the Galaxy Note model with a Foldable phone that only has S Pen compatibility on the outside screen."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo