Samsung Contacts App

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing this in the search of the stock contact app. it's been there since the November update. Better yet has anyone found a solution to remove it.

"We're indexing your contacts to make search better, but you will have to search for exact names till that's done."

Screenshot_20211130-182639_Contacts.jpg

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've tried everything and I can't get rid of it, I use search often and it's annoying. Someone must have a solution.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I did try clearing data and force stop the contact app, but it didn't help. The first time I did it I didn't force stop it, but I did after I read you post. Appreciate the help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I did try clearing data and force stop the contact app, but it didn't help. The first time I did it I didn't force stop it, but I did after I read you post. Appreciate the help.
Strange that usually resets the app , might have to wait for a update to the app , check Galaxy or ay stores, also report this .

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It just mysteriously disappeared this morning no updates of any kind, picked up the phone opened contacts went to search and as it arrived it was gone. Makes you wonder what is going on in the background without your knowledge. I guess Samsung indexed the contacts even though they are all backed up to Google not a single to Samsung that sync is off.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
It just mysteriously disappeared this morning no updates of any kind, picked up the phone opened contacts went to search and as it arrived it was gone. Makes you wonder what is going on in the background without your knowledge. I guess Samsung indexed the contacts even though they are all backed up to Google not a single to Samsung that sync is off.

So glad the search is working for you now. I know that had to be annoying.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Maybe clearing data then force stop it did something or took timeto kick in , but good to hear