How many are going to hold off until a good promotion to get the note 3?

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
HTC made the rezound. I had two new exchanges within the return period from Costco for manufacturers defects.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Wow, I had no idea. My Rezound has always done some odd things, and now I'm particularly ready to leave it behind.

kippykip

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I am going to wait until Feb 2014 because that's when I am eligible for an upgrade from AT&T. :( I guess that is a good thing because I will get to see what the new Nexus will be like. I am 99.85% sure my next phone will be a Note 3 (currently a GS3) since the Nexus probably won't have a microSD slot and I need that slot for local storage.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
HTC made the rezound. I had two new exchanges within the return period from Costco for manufacturers defects.

It's good HTC has decided they need to produce better quality with the One.

Wow, I had no idea. My Rezound has always done some odd things, and now I'm particularly ready to leave it behind.
I hear that. The Note 3 should be quite the upgrade.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait for awhile before I get the note 3 I'm happy with my note 2 and hopefully will see some of the new features in a update (fingers crossed)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to wait for awhile before I get the note 3 I'm happy with my note 2 and hopefully will see some of the new features in a update (fingers crossed)

Sadly I thought that would happen after the release of the s4 and it never did :(

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I will probably sell my note 2 the day I can purchase the note 3....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

HighOnHops

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't resist it and ordered it yesterday. Had an upgrade to burn and love my Note 2, so why not. I even took the plunge on the galaxy gear. I currently have the pebble and love the functionality of a smart watch, so figured I would give it a shot. I also backed the hot watch on kickstarter. What can I say i am addicted to new tech!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't resist it and ordered it yesterday. Had an upgrade to burn and love my Note 2, so why not. I even took the plunge on the galaxy gear. I currently have the pebble and love the functionality of a smart watch, so figured I would give it a shot. I also backed the hot watch on kickstarter. What can I say i am addicted to new tech!

Awesomez. I have the same affliction. You'll have to report back on how you like that G-Gear.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
My wild guess that discounts may appear rather sooner than later, in part because the demand for Note 3 isn't going to be as high as was for earlier Notes. Early Notes were qualitatively different products (phablets), and those who wanted that specific quality already have it with earlier models. Most of them aren't going to grab Note 3 at high price.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Um, ok but I don't think so. Its a much better update than what the iphone is offering. Processor, storage, display, wireless charging (optional), etc. Its a worthy upgrade and the only place you may see discounts is from online 3rd party sellers who get you if you change anything for 6 months.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I will wait not only for a price drop but for bugs and hardware issues if any to be taken care of. Got my Note 2 for Xmax and I sold my old phone too pay for it like I do for all my new phones. I will never be an early adopter who has to pay the early adopter tax to be the first kid on the block with the new toy..

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Does Verizon even do discounts. I was in the store the other day to check out the G2 and the Note 2 was still $249 on contract. It is $199 at best buy, $179 at amazon, and $179 at Newegg. All those prices are for contract renewal. So $299 on the day it comes out doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. I would pre-order it but I have a need to hold/touch things before I buy them.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Does Verizon even do discounts. I was in the store the other day to check out the G2 and the Note 2 was still $249 on contract. It is $199 at best buy, $179 at amazon, and $179 at Newegg. All those prices are for contract renewal. So $299 on the day it comes out doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. I would pre-order it but I have a need to hold/touch things before I buy them.

While it's true that prices tend to drop gradually over time, some drops are deep, sudden, and temporary. The trick is to catch the latter kind. People in this forum are awesome in this regard, as nobody can monitor the entire landscape of potential sellers singlehandedly.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about picking it up full price. Just not sure about the size coming from the S4. Note 3 or Moto X? What to do?! What to do?!

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Just as an example, HTC One today at Verizon, after about a month since it's first appearance, still $199.99, at BB - $49.99.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Verizon offered the note 2 for $200 a while back, but they adjust the price from time to time. I got mine for $37 back in February from BestBuy. Verizon did sell the dna for free back in May. But true, third party typically have better deals.

My original intent of the thread was to ask if you will buy on release or wait for a sale, from any source not just Verizon