Good Documentation for Flip 3?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

A friend's non-techy husband just got a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3. (probably a jitterbug better choice just to put this request in context!).

They don't do online ordering and asked me to buy a manual for them that the Verizon store recommended. It wasn't a Samsung produced manual. It was just some book that covers several Samsung phones. I suspect it's too generic to be of serious help. No "look-inside" pages.

Amazon has many books that are at least specific to the Flip3. A few have some (mostly contradictory) reviews. Many have no reviews.

Samsung website has a 183 page PDF that I assume would provide some help. If it were me, I would prefer that because I could search the PDF for keywords. But I don't think the phone user will do that. He might be better with old-school book hopefully with good pictures and diagrams.

I don't know exactly what to recommend to them.

Any ideas, suggestions on what documentation might be good?

Not surprising, searching this forum for documentation or manual came up empty. who rtfm these days??? :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's a lot of printing, but if that person needs something on paper rather than viewing on a screen, then why not just print the PDF? I'm sure Samsung is trying to save paper and shipping costs by not including a thick manual in the box.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I miss the days of getting a printed manual with your phone. I would pay to have one if they had such a thing. Printing out a PDF myself doesn't cut it. So I make do with reading the PDF on my computer when I need to look up something.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The Flip 3 has a very good online manual built in. Let the user scroll down in the settings app. It's located at the bottom of the list of options/actions in the settings app.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
What "settings app" are you talking about? I can't find it. Do you mean the main settings on the phone or do you mean the settings within an app? I am confused.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What "settings app" are you talking about? I can't find it. Do you mean the main settings on the phone or do you mean the settings within an app? I am confused.

The main system settings, under Help. On my Galaxy A32 5G, it just brings up an online manual/help page using the browser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance