Just Sad and extremely disappointing ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
As most of you know another company has just launched their new phones and customers are able to pick them up etc...
I have seen a few reports of fights breaking out in "line" and people just generally complaining about lack of colors or lack of accessories etc...
I read some where that a UPS and a Fedex person was threatened in an office building as well.... Building security had to be called to calm things down.. Yes (6464) I am talking about you..

Yet the the GN3 has launched and delivery of phones has begun and not one fight, not one nervous break down, not one weave being detached by someone else....
I have personally witnessed two episodes of "retardation" at The Grove in Los Angeles and the Beverly Center.

The Grove story goes like this..
Two younger girls, who probably should be in school scraping over a "golden" phone on the sales floor of said phone company...
Real "fistacuffs" over a "gold" phone...

The other story at the Beverly Center, is a middle aged lady going bonkers on the sales floor and threatening to call the police over not being able to get her gold phone... I had the video of that entire "bag of crazy" but no audio, because we were outside of the store and watching the show like we were at the movies..

Eating a slice of pizza never felt so good... Today was a brilliant day.

Start repping GN3 buyers, someone needs to bite an ear or finger off..

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree with above, this is an unnecessary post.

Shortages and sell outs create problems no matter what the product is or who produces it.
I don't think judging people who have a moment of insanity and then trying to point out that it may not have happened if it was a GN3 or android product is required. It can happen anytime, it just takes 2 people over reacting.
The fact that you stayed around to record this type of behavior must mean that you were enjoying what you were seeing. When someone does not enjoy something they usually leave and don't bother with it. Not stick around and record the problem. Which means you only helped the problem by making it a spectacle.
Maybe next time you should step in and mediate the situation if your so concerned or stick to enjoying your pizza instead of posting non sense like this on a forum.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
There was a fight in Pasadena also.

Some dude went to Skidrow and paid these bums $20 to stand in line and buy the iPhone for him so that he can re-sell. So there were about 100 homeless people in line and sh*t got out of hand. Of course the dude didn't pay the homeless so that added to the fight.

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with above, this is an unnecessary post.

Shortages and sell outs create problems no matter what the product is or who produces it.
I don't think judging people who have a moment of insanity and then trying to point out that it may not have happened if it was a GN3 or android product is required. It can happen anytime, it just takes 2 people over reacting.
The fact that you stayed around to record this type of behavior must mean that you were enjoying what you were seeing. When someone does not enjoy something they usually leave and don't bother with it. Not stick around and record the problem. Which means you only helped the problem by making it a spectacle.
Maybe next time you should step in and mediate the situation if your so concerned or stick to enjoying your pizza instead of posting non sense like this on a forum.

Actually I was trying to get into the store to purchase a gift card for a Birthday present, but security was blocking the doors... And if the person was willing to go all "Mayor of crazy town" over a phone you really think interjecting oneself into that situation would help??
What do I start off with??

"Dear Lady,

With the screaming child in the stroller I am not a mediator I just play one on T.V? I can't fix your problem and I don't work for Apple but hey lets see if we can get you to calm down and by the way your kid is turning red from the screaming...."
Okay....

So yeah I made the situation a spectacle, not the person going all "Chernobyl" over a telephone..

Also have you seen some of the posting or reactions to some of the posting about nonsense about anything phone related on this particular forum???
So you think this is not worthy of your time yet you post a response to something that was witnessed and reported back to a particular group as a form as sarcasm and social commentary of how ridiculous people behave over something as trivial as a phone... Really Bro...

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
There was a fight in Pasadena also.

Some dude went to Skidrow and paid these bums $20 to stand in line and buy the iPhone for him so that he can re-sell. So there were about 100 homeless people in line and sh*t got out of hand. Of course the dude didn't pay the homeless so that added to the fight.

I read about that as well.... All to sell this stuff on the grey market...

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I think you need to look at the target market of iPhone vs Samsung. Mature people tend to keep their heads, unlike fad crazies and spoiled brats who try to pass as teenagers .

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I seriously feel dumber for reading this post. There is about 25 seconds I can never get back again. :(

I wish I could give you the 25 seconds back.... I mean, now you just lost the opportunity to take another selfie at the gym??? The horror, the horror....

- - - Updated - - -

I think you need to look at the target market of iPhone vs Samsung. Mature people tend to keep their heads, unlike fad crazies and spoiled brats who try to pass as teenagers .

lol, thank you for getting the sarcasm in that post....

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
You post a thread, but then you mock people for replying to it because they don't agree with your view.
Then if possible you also mock them further by mocking their avatar.
Looks like someone can not take criticism, nor act mature when the situation calls for it.

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You post a thread, but then you mock people for replying to it because they don't agree with your view.
Then if possible you also mock them further by mocking their avatar.
Looks like someone can not take criticism, nor act mature when the situation calls for it.

Yeah,

You are correct. I can't take criticism, nor act mature when the situation calls for it.
But if you are trying to make that statement on this thread, then it should also be said that you don't understand sarcasm or cannot read between the lines of social commentary. And since we are talking about acting mature, how about applying "if you don't have anything constructive to say" to yourself, then move on to another thread where your time is better spent. Just sayin...

BTW, awesome avatar. I love the prancing horse and almost everything they have ever made. Except for that monstrosity in Dubai...

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah,

You are correct. I can't take criticism, nor act mature when the situation calls for it.
But if you are trying to make that statement on this thread, then it should also be said that you don't understand sarcasm or cannot read between the lines of social commentary. And since we are talking about acting mature, how about applying "if you don't have anything constructive to say" to yourself, then move on to another thread where your time is better spent. Just sayin...

BTW, awesome avatar. I love the prancing horse and almost everything they have ever made. Except for that monstrosity in Dubai...

If were following your "nothing constructive to say" comment, then by that logic you shouldn't have posted in the first place, just sayin...

Also Ferrari world is fun, you should go there sometime. But yeah, its a little overdone, but so is everything in Dubai.

Have fun with your thread, I hope your mocking and sarcasm go really well...

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If were following your "nothing constructive to say" comment, then by that logic you shouldn't have posted in the first place, just sayin...

Also Ferrari world is fun, you should go there sometime. But yeah, its a little overdone, but so is everything in Dubai.

Have fun with your thread, I hope your mocking and sarcasm go really well...

Well I started the thread so not commenting on it would be bad form...
I have been to Ferrari world, hence the "monstrosity" comment...
And it's not a little overdone, its just something thats very revoltingly overstated for a company that prides itself on being on the cutting edge of automotive technology, design, form and function.
And since you still can't grasp sarcasm....

Run quick Bruce, something terrible is happening in Gotham..
Have a great time being a "grown-up with better things to do"..

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Its a sad state of affairs when people resort to violence for some stupid item they can get the next day, like AIR JORDANS. I mean people get shot while waiting in line at midnight which I think is crap. They should just ban companies from allowing people to camp out waiting in line, its not like you couldn't order one and get it delivered to your home. Oh boo hoo they couldn't get the gold one, well some people are actually starving in the world, some people have lost their jobs, homes, family. We should all be thankful that ANDROID IS #1.

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Its a sad state of affairs when people resort to violence for some stupid item they can get the next day, like AIR JORDANS. I mean people get shot while waiting in line at midnight which I think is crap. They should just ban companies from allowing people to camp out waiting in line, its not like you couldn't order one and get it delivered to your home. Oh boo hoo they couldn't get the gold one, well some people are actually starving in the world, some people have lost their jobs, homes, family. We should all be thankful that ANDROID IS #1.

This is exactly the point. All this craziness over a phone?
I mean I know we all love technology, as much as the next person. But I am not going to box or lose my mind in the middle of a store over a phone.
And who the heck gets grumpy at the FedEX or UPS guy delivering stuff in a commercial building??
The FedEx and Ups guy were apparently getting yelled because they would not let people who had phones that were being delivered next pick them up early on delivery day.

That's how out of touch with reality some people are..

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just a friendly reminder to keep things civil and on topic. Personal attacks are not welcome. If you don't care for a post, either ignore it and move on or please hit the report button if you feel it is out of steps with the forum rules and guidelines.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch