S view cover, not impressed

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got the official s view cover for the note 3. I have to say I am a little disappointed.

What is the point of the screen, not much. You can't read a text message or at least preview who from and maybe a line or two. It says to open the screen. Would be nice to be able to read it and mark it read without opening the screen, if you wanted to reply then open screen cover, but to have to do it no matter what, kind of defeats the purpose of glancing at message on screen window without using battery power to lite up the whole screen. Since the screen cover covers up the led light, it would have been nice to have a blinking light in the screen area for notifications. And then it does not support wireless charging something nobody would give a answer on here or verizon would say yes and no depending on who you talked to.

For the price of this case, it is overpriced. Samsung could have done so much more with this case, and included wireless charging. The price of the phone was high enough to support wireless charging but didn't. Samsung is getting like Apple and Verizon and Nickle and diming us for everything.

I will be sending this cover back to verizon. For what it costs, it is very basic, limited. Quality of case itself is good, just lacks usable features for that price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

akuma13

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ah that sucks, I bought the case online because I thought it had wireless charging.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jwhedberg

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I have had the S-view cover for a few days and I think it is awesome. My battery life has improved since I don't always need to open the full cover, it provided full protection from what might have been a nasty drop, and it looks and functions great.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have had the S-view cover for a few days and I think it is awesome. My battery life has improved since I don't always need to open the full cover, it provided full protection from what might have been a nasty drop, and it looks and functions great.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

I've had mine for a few days now also and I really like the feeling and look. To me it looks very professional. Also feels like a premium case. I will stick with it for a while. I could see me going with a slim armor view if/when Spigen makes it, if only for the added protection.

Posted via Android Central App

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea just got mine today already boxed up to return. Seemed good quality but being a amputee a regular case will work better and not to sure how much protection it would be.

Posted via Android Central App

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
It is not my ideal case but like it for what it is. Going to use it till some better options come out. Plus picking one up at $45 makes it a much better deal.

PrePlus79

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Boxed mine up tonight. Wasn't sure how I would like a folding cover case, it got too cumbersome on an already large phone. That and not being able to access Google Music were deal breakers for me.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung could have made this case a awesome case. It just lacks so many features, and basic at that. Not being able to access the dialer with case closed, what was samsung thinking. Maybe more features will come with a update, then maybe I will buy it again, but for now my case will be back on the fed ex truck heading back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
No wireless charging, then what are the points of the contacts on the inside of the case?

I don't have a charging pad, but that would really suck if these contacts were meaningless!

Sent From "The Beast"

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382138374959.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382138374959.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 144

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I hate that it doesn't close properly, or at least mine doesn't. Other than I think it's a good cover against scratches and things like that. Drops are probably gonna do some damage depending on how it's dropped. But that fact that it doesn't close just seriously bothers me. I'll probably only use it until Otterbox comes out with a case.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I actually strongly dislike it. I bought it yesterday. Took it off with in 2 hours. Too thick and adds unnecessary weight and size. Also only works with proprietary text app. Does not work with Google play and takes really dumb square pictures with the cover on. Volume buttons are awkward. The S pen becomes even more difficult to take out being more embedded into the phone because of the added thickness. And lastly the cover has to be kept open to take pics and it feels real awkward in the hand while texting because of the added thickness. I will just continue to use the phone with out a case. What else is insurance for lol.

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3