No Mic on Samsung Keyboard?

JF7FSU

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I like the stock Samsung keyboard. It has no mic on it. After searching I cannot find a solution to make it appear. Does anyone know if this possible? I like the fact that the numbers are on an independant line and have not seen another keyboard that does it. I have tried perfect keyboard, swype, google, and swiftkey and still go back to the stock samsung keyboard. Any solutions or suggestions?

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean it doesn't have a mic on it? Mine does. It's to the left of the space bar. Is it possible that there's a setting you don't have enabled?

Sent from my Note 3

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I think I know what you're missing. You have to have Google Voice Typing checked in the settings menu. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Note 3

Dean Cull

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
if you using S4 or similar the setting should be in "Settings=>My Device=>Language and Input"
in there you should see Google voice typing, make sure it is ticked.
once you done the mic should show up on the left of the space bar as before.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I like the stock Samsung keyboard. It has no mic on it. After searching I cannot find a solution to make it appear. Does anyone know if this possible? I like the fact that the numbers are on an independant line and have not seen another keyboard that does it. I have tried perfect keyboard, swype, google, and swiftkey and still go back to the stock samsung keyboard. Any solutions or suggestions?

There is a mic next to the spacebar on the Samsung Keyboard!!!

Andy Roy

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem until I realized that long pressing the key to the left of the space bar will give me the option to assign the microphone to this key..

bra0712

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have no option for the google voice. I have gone into AT&T and they have no idea how to fix my Note3. Please help me. 4802552375

SwinnoX

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
The key is not just to activate Google Voice Typing its long pressing the key to the left of the space bar then choosing the microphone option. Without this 2nd step still nothing. Thanks to Andy Roy. You nailed it. I thought I was going spare!

Erick V

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
The microphone is gone on my keyboard as well and I tried following the steps listed to fix it but "google voice typing" is not an option in my settings. The microphone was there a few days ago, I am not sure what happened. I have a Samsung galaxy s4 with tmobile. I appreciate your help

ghostl2ider

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
what everyone is saying is correct but here is another option if you did what they say and still nothing...

setting: more: application manager: scroll to the right to you see at the top "TURNED OFF" look for "google search" its a blue box with a G in the middle of it.. turn it on and you will have the microphone back on....

- - - Updated - - -

what everyone is saying is correct but here is another option if you did what they say and still nothing...

setting: more: application manager: scroll to the right to you see at the top "TURNED OFF" look for "google search" its a blue box with a G in the middle of it.. turn it on and you will have the microphone back on....

lovie28

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you ghostslider. Your fix was correct...

Last edited by a moderator:

Diane Sepulveda

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Finally the very last thing worked. Going to application manager: Turned off: then Google search: turned on and the microphone is back! I have been without for like two months, verizon store didn't even know how to fix this! Thanks