Sim card damage

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi has anyone else had issues removing sim card? The slot has no spring lock so you have to push hard on it to slide out. Result = I've scratched and damaged sim and it's stopped working.
Poor design fault imo

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I did not damage mine, but what a pain to get out. Samsung must not have wanted to spend the extra penny to put that spring release in there for us. I am going to get a sim card from Verizon for the time it does get damaged, I will have one on hand as I think you wont be the only one with this issue.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
It looks like they are saving space, that's my take on this. On the S4, they had separate slots. On the Note 3, they piggyback them. That was a space saver, more room for something else. Most likely, the spring would have blown the design.. Also, we are not in there snatching out sims or sd cards 3 and 4 times a day. In fact, this is a very SELDOM move. IMO, the designers figured that too and went with this.. I put my sim in, my 64gb sd card, and I am finish with that slot. It will be a rare thing for me to have to go in there in the next 6 months..

IMO, if it is a problem getting the card or you damaged one, the next one, I will be at my carrier's place and have them do it.. Once it is in, forget it.. Just my take.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Some people switch phones here and there, such as if your going somewhere that could create a bad environment for phone, switch to a cheaper phone and leave good one home where it's safe. Whatever the reason is, people change phones and this design on the note 3 is terrible, space saver or not, Samsung dropped the ball on this design. That's my take on it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Yep for some people it won't be an issue as they don't swap sims. I have to use multiple phones as work use an iOS app and i don't want two numbers. Just one of those things , I've ordered a nexus 5 and that will have a spring lock I think

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app

TonyHove

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine had this exact problem! Was transferring the sim from one phone to another and the chip got badly scratched. Its a real problem if you having to switch your sim between multiple devices..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89