Battery Issue with the Note 3

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. A month a go i bought a UK (Vodafone) Note 3 and i must say i love the phone.

The first couple of weeks the Note started crashing every time i was about start an app or type something, so it went back to vodafone and they replaced it with a new one.
So far after reading reviews more about the Note 3, I hear people are claiming they are getting a day and half of battery life at least on a single charge ( heavy use). But mines doesn't last a day if i watch a few youtube videos, Facebook and whatsapp.

This afternoon i finished charging my phone at 2pm then i opened the Facebook app for no more than 2min then the battery dropped 2% from a 100.
So now its 11.50pm and i've got 45% battery life left and all i've been doing is going on Facebook for 10mins made 3 phone calls (less than 2mins) Watched two 15secs video clip and sent 6 messages. Doesn't sound right on the Noe 3 right? I read a post about a guy who watched a 2hour video on full brightness and only took 10% of battery life.

So what should i do guys? my Gps Bluetooth are all off and the brightness is set to auto.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Can you post a screen shot of your battery usage so we can better understand what's siphoning your battery.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. A month a go i bought a UK (Vodafone) Note 3 and i must say i love the phone.

The first couple of weeks the Note started crashing every time i was about start an app or type something, so it went back to vodafone and they replaced it with a new one.
So far after reading reviews more about the Note 3, I hear people are claiming they are getting a day and half of battery life at least on a single charge ( heavy use). But mines doesn't last a day if i watch a few youtube videos, Facebook and whatsapp.

This afternoon i finished charging my phone at 2pm then i opened the Facebook app for no more than 2min then the battery dropped 2% from a 100.
So now its 11.50pm and i've got 45% battery life left and all i've been doing is going on Facebook for 10mins made 3 phone calls (less than 2mins) Watched two 15secs video clip and sent 6 messages. Doesn't sound right on the Noe 3 right? I read a post about a guy who watched a 2hour video on full brightness and only took 10% of battery life.

So what should i do guys? my Gps Bluetooth are all off and the brightness is set to auto.

As Haalcyon stated, please post battery usage. Also, download WakeLock Detector and that will let us know what is causing your phone to stay awake.

My change was going to Location > Use Wireless Networks and turning that off has saved my battery.

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for being new here. But how do I upload a picture on here from my phone? Been looking everywhere for an icon but can't seem to find anything.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for being new here. But how do I upload a picture on here from my phone? Been looking everywhere for an icon but can't seem to find anything.

I use the Android Central app on my Note 3 and there is a camera button that lets you upload photos.

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry can you guide me through it. i've downloaded the app. i've clicked the android man then went to account and signed in. but can't seem to find my last post on this app.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry can you guide me through it. i've downloaded the app. i've clicked the android man then went to account and signed in. but can't seem to find my last post on this app.

When you are in the app.. go to your thread. When there, hit the 'Menu' soft key on your note 3. Then hit 'Reply'.

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry just notice I downloaded the wrong AC app.

Here's the screenshot

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1384822941295.jpg
    1384822941295.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 1384822960923.jpg
    1384822960923.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 15

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
When you say screen on time. Do you mean screen timeout sorry?

Attachments

• 1384823664302.jpg
    1384823664302.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 12

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
When you say screen on time. Do you mean screen timeout sorry?

No. Under 'Battery' where it says in your screen shot that the battery used 46%. Click on that and it will show what your screen on time is.

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
So would you say the phone is perfectly fine? And when you say ''its a lot of screen on time'' is there anything i could do to save battery?

Thought there was something wrong with my phone. cause reading reviews everyone says their note 3 could last a day and a half with ease ( heavy use )

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
So would you say the phone is perfectly fine? And when you say ''its a lot of screen on time'' is there anything i could do to save battery?

Thought there was something wrong with my phone. cause reading reviews everyone says their note 3 could last a day and a half with ease ( heavy use )

Looks similar to the results I get. I think the people getting 3 days or so have super tweaks or don't use the display as much as you do.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app