Samsung Galaxy Note 3 not charging?

peacemag

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I had my phone plugged up all night, it's at 17% and going down fast? It's not charging although it shows it plugged up and under battery settings it says it's charging. I pulled battery- still not charging. Got my note bout 2 months ago, could it be a bad battery?

Posted via Android Central App

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Could be a light switch turned off, a plug that doesn't work or the cable could be not contacting properly at the phone or the battery terminals need a quick clean/reconnect.

whitey2006

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

just come across this thread as I have the same issue! I woke this morning to 19% charge after 6 hours. Yesterday morning was 67%, it hasn't reached 100% for about a week. I have tried other chargers, removed the battery and place it back and right now, I have the phone turned off charging through the laptop.

When I try to charge it through the mains whilst turned off, it just vibrates every 2 seconds and shows a line across the screen as though something was going to show but stopped. Kind of thing you would see with a knackered screen.

Whilst I type this, I keep getting USB device not recognised as it connects and disconnects however the charge is still showing but doesnt seem to be putting anything into the phone.

The phone knows the charger is in, and shows but nothing is going in.

Would this be a phone or battery issue? Unfortunately I don't have a spare battery to try but have run out of ideas. The battery has been spot on since I bought the phone start of November until this charge issue started a week ago.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

marxshields

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. My Samsung has drained three batteries even though it is on charge and the screen indicates that it is so.

Has anyone found a solution to the problem? My fear is that the handset has a technical fault that will require servicing or even a new handset.

vemulasri

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
got the same problem turned out the cable was bad i started using micro usb and it is working for now. After a long discussion Tmobile agreed to send me a new cable without charging.

Jana Cooper

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
How did you get Tmobile to send you a new cord? I am fighting them right now. My daughter got a Note 3 for Christmas. Two weeks later she started having problems with it not charging. Took it back and they ordered us a new charger. Got it in finally and it is only the wall plug. They said Samsung is only replacing the wall plug and will not send a cord to anyone. :confused:

Thank you,
Jcooper

jmazz210

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue and Samsung replaced the cord and wall charger but I had to send them mine. Dumb considering I am left with NO charger for the next 5-7 days while they figure this out....luckily my wife also has a note 3 and I was able to use her charger. They sent me a new one but now a month later I'm having the same issue. It just started a couple of days ago, I plan on going in and talking to Samsung warranty folks again. Biggest fear is that it is the charging port on the phone.

BigMcGuire

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the SAME problem on my Note 3 that I just got a few nights ago. I noticed when plugging in with the included USB 3.0 cable the phone would buzz every few seconds - showing Charging, Not Charging, Charging, Not Charging - I thought maybe I was bumping it but no amount of pulling, moving would consistently cause the disconnects. So I just resorted using all the other Android cables I have laying around the house. Last night I decided to give the USB 3.0 (included with phone) cable one last try. I very securely plugged in the included Samsung Charger and the included USB 3.0 cable --- noticed it said charging - was pleased and went to bed only to be woken up about 10 mins later by the phone lighting up the main screen saying it wasn't charging anymore. After a few more times of that, I plugged in an old micro usb to an old iPhone charger and .... no problems for the rest of the night. Using another Micro?USB cable with the Samsung charger works just fine. It's the USB 3.0 cable. It's crap and the culprit.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem, mine won't charge unless the cord is raised at a 45 degree angle from the phone, and sometimes not even then...

You should not use this cable....it sounds like a broken wire, which could lead to electrical shock; and or fire!!!

PS: All of these issues sound cable related! I could be wrong!

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
There was a batch or bad chargers that came with the Note 3 - just purchase a new charging cord and u should be good to go. (Amazon and E-bay have the dual chargers under $5). I had the same issue and it started few days after I purchased the phone.

Romas Pakarklis

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I believe I might just have the opposite. I've just got the phone delivered yesterday, drained the battery to 3%, plugged it in and went to bed just to find it at 6% in the morning. The display shows the charger connected, but it doesn't deliver any charge at all. I've tried plugging it in few more times and by the time I was finished fooling around with it it's gone down to 1% while actually connected to the charger! I've plugged the cable to the PC USB port and it seems to be charging okay. It doesn't disconnect on moving the phone or anything it just takes so damn long to charge it's unbelievable. Will have to give the charger a go with some other micro USB cable when get home from work, but I sure hope it's not a faulty phone as I'm just about to root it :)

Erick Bado

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my charger, my phone only have 1 month and the battery will charge for 5 seconds and then stops charging, I connect my old samsung galaxy S3 cable and charge just fine, you will see that the connector is different but its still compatible! the note 3 connector only have an extra set of pins but thats only for data transfer, you can use it when you connect your cell to your pc. I think the problem with the note 3 charger is the cord that is too rigid! :D

bbertrand24

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
My phone got wet and now won't charge. I'm looking to replace the charging port. Any recommendations on where to go to get one?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo