How do I turn off swype?

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to change the setting so my keyboard no longer does swype to text? I already tried changing setting to put the default keyboard as Samsung but that didn't work.

Posted via Android Central App

PastorDroid

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings-Control-language and input-then tap on the gear next to"Samsung keyboard" scroll down until you see the header "keyboard swipe". There you'll see that Swiftkey flow is selected. Select none. You should be good to go.

Posted via Android Central App

scottwood2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was a way to toggle this at the keyboard. When it is off you get cursor movement which I find very useful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was a way to toggle this at the keyboard. When it is off you get cursor movement which I find very useful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

You would like to switch from Samsung to the Swype keyboard, and vice a versa? There's a great program I have been using. Let me know and I can post. :)

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You can get to the settings from the keyboard by just holding down the microphone next to the space bar

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Rita Hall

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I select "none" at swift key but a few minutes later Swype turns itself back on again. I've done it over &over again and swype comes back on every time

snoooters

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
that is because you are not going a level deeper. Just selecting swype will not disable it. You have to click on the gear icon next the main keyboard you are using (Google Keyboard in my case) and then uncheck the box "enable gesture typing". This will turn off swype forever.

Ameralwarieh

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
languages swipe

Helo ,

I'm trying to swipe between the languages( space bar ) on Samsung s5 keyboard but its not working .
please give me a solution for it .

Last edited:

biKolar

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I have had to do exactly that process about a hundred times since I got my phone.
I have to turn the SWYPE feature off every. single. day.
I would like to know if anyone knows how to prevent the phone from deciding on its own that it's going to just turn my SWYPE back on?? I want it to stay off permanently.

AndroidQA

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Disable it in Applications ...

Setting - Applications - Application manager - All - Scroll down to Swype- Force Stop and Disable ( clear data and cache as well, for good measure)

Had to do that on my S4 and now on S6, keyboard icon kept coming up to notify me i have a selection, and Swype was always on again. I could ignore or disable the notification, but i hate Swype (my choice), so i just disable the app.

PReinie

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
ScottWood2, from an input text area, hold down on any part of the text and Edit Text options should appear such as select word, select all, ... Input method, add 'whateveristhere' to dictionary.
Pick Input method and it lets you pick another way. My DroidX with 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) only has two options, Swype and multi-touch keyboard.

I've found that speaking the text (started with the microphone button) works quite well and is faster than swype, however if you're in a noisy area or you don't want others to hear what you're entering, the keyboard might be better.

Fire1727

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to change my Samsung keyboard to something different, something cool. After the download of an app for this purpose, I couldn't hardly read the letters and numbers. I tried for three days to change it back to my original keyboard to no avail. Your info got me right back where I wanted to be and I can't thank you enough. Thank you so much. You guys rock!!! I don't suppose you know of an app that I CAN use to liven up my keyboard without changing my txt size do you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez