Camera Photos Disappearing Without deleting them! PLEASE HELP!

Tazmaniaq8

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Now this is really weird but I have noticed that my all my camera photos and videos on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that were saved in the default folder named "Camera" keep disappearing. I have the Android version 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and I tried everything to retrieve them such as looking in the DCIM folder, connecting my phone to my computer and browsing, search using My Files and even contacting Samsung support in live chat but have not had any luck.This has happened for two times now and every time it happens I noticed that the only pictures remain are the ones I took right before everything disappeared.

However, all my other pictures in other folders such as Bluetooth, Download, Instagram, Screenshots, What'sApp...etc. are still there. I'm storing the camera photos on the internal phone memory since I don't have SD card installed. I read somewhere that maybe this is caused by an App conflict or App syncing photos and delete them from the phone but I'm not sure which App this might be since I'm not using Facebook App. I also searched Dumpster to rule out the possibility that I might have mistakenly deleted them but nothing either.

I checked the free internal memory and it's 20GB so it's not full either. Please help I really don't know what to do :'(

My installed apps are:

AllShare Cast Dongle S/W Up
AnDosBox
BBM
Chrome
Dumpster
EverNote
Flipboard
Gmail
Google Play Services
Hangouts
Instagram
Kik
Maps
PhotoGrid
Shazam
SketchBook for Galaxy
Twitter
Viber
WhatsApp
WhoseHere
YouTube

Plus the regular Samsung default apps.
Phone model number: N9005XXUDMJ7

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-13-13-25-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-13-13-25-14.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 37

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
In the Gallery app where it says "Albums", click that and select "All" If the pics are on our phone. this is the way to find them.

jsbcarman

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Bump... Same thing happened to me. This morning I have over 600 photos. This evening 21 . where did they go. Even auto back up not showing all of them. Rebooted to no avail :(

Posted via Android Central App

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked if they've been corrupted? It can happen. It used to happen to my Amaze, until I decided to delete the thumbnails(installed diskusage, then deleted them from the dcim folder) and I have no more corrupt photos.

Have you tried using G Photos or other gallery apps?

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

jsbcarman

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
How would they get corrupted, they have been in there so long and then bam there gone ?

Posted via Android Central App

mrv427

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
same thing happened to my at&t note 3 with no apps installed. and I added a 32gb sd for Samsung. it happens to the sd card to. been looking for a free sd recovery program. no luck! the free programs find the pics and videos. but want me to buy full ver. Samsung phones make a back up of things deleted on the sd card. if that helps. anyone know a good free sd recovery porgram

Rainman221

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok, same thing happened to me, Sprint Note 3, forgot to set pics to sync with google drive, samsung link etc, and had about 380 pics in my Camera folder stored on internal memory. Android Gallery shows no pics. Not to happy, had some pics from a trip. Gallery Cache shows 208 Mb which might be my photos. Also had a large number of .pdf files that required passwords to open, couldn't open any of them. Hope I don't have a bug, or corrupt android... Contacted Samsung to see if Link had them backed up because my synce showed today they had backed up, but the rep said nothing she could do...

:'(

RTHOMAS74

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the Samsung Note 3 and the same thing just happened to me also. I do not have an SD Card and I have looked everywhere for my pics, I had over 1,000 pics. This is very disappointing and it sounds like Samsung needs to look into this and find out why it is happening if it is happening to this many people!

anon(8163701)

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
in my case my picture and videos get corrupted after like 3 to 5 minutes after taking a photo/video. i can open it and after awhile gets corrupted. So my camera is useless.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699