Santa brought Galaxy Gear! Question about "sharing"

browetally

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Loving this watch so far even better than I thought I would. It has given me notifications for texts, standard email, facebook, and alarm.com so far. S-Voice very impressive on it. Phone calls are crystal clear.

When I take video or pictures, there is an option in the "gallery" to share but there is nothing there. How do I share them as texts or emails?

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Did you check for software updates in the gear manager app?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You have to transfer them to your phone first.

Pictures and videos automatically transfer to the phone's gallery.
I am just loving my new Xmas gift!
Have not noticed any difference on my phone battery draw and the watch still has 60% after 16 hours.
I was worried it would need to be turned off everytime I got in my car because of the Ford Sync system, but the watch disconnects until I get out out of the car.
The watch does a great job of auto connecting with the phone whenever it is within about 30 to 40 feet.
When not connected everything works except the phone features.
Finally have my "**** Tracy" watch!
Wow.. Can't even use the short version for the name "Richard"... RICHARD TRACY is just wrong!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Pictures and videos automatically transfer to the phone's gallery.
I am just loving my new Xmas gift!
Have not noticed any difference on my phone battery draw and the watch still has 60% after 16 hours.
I was worried it would need to be turned off everytime I got in my car because of the Ford Sync system, but the watch disconnects until I get out out of the car.
The watch does a great job of auto connecting with the phone whenever it is within about 30 to 40 feet.
When not connected everything works except the phone features.
Finally have my "**** Tracy" watch!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

But do people look at you as if you are nuts when you are talking to your watch?

Posted via Android Central App

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Pictures automatically transfer, yes, but when you view a photo in the Gallery on the watch and select the options menu on the upper right, there are two options: Delete and Share. Share is ghosted out. I've been looking for how one activates sharing (from the watch) in Gear Manager and on the watch itself, without any luck. Anyone figure this out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

fosgate7

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded fbquick and can upload from watch to Facebook but only when the pic transfers to phone

Posted via Android Central App

pappyfire

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Your watch disconnects? Mine stays connected. I still get all the notifications on the watch plus Sync works like it always has. I love this thing!

KB2184

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying to figure out the same thing. I see the "share" button but I can't do anything with it. My pictures automatically send to my phone so it is like the button is pointless. There has to be some hidden purpose but I just cannot figure it out.
I have also been searching for other posts about this and yours is the first I have come across.

KB2184

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Pictures automatically transfer, yes, but when you view a photo in the Gallery on the watch and select the options menu on the upper right, there are two options: Delete and Share. Share is ghosted out. I've been looking for how one activates sharing (from the watch) in Gear Manager and on the watch itself, without any luck. Anyone figure this out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I have been trying to figure out the same thing. I see the "share" button but I can't do anything with it. My pictures automatically send to my phone so it is like the button is pointless. There has to be some hidden purpose but I just cannot figure it out.
I have also been searching for other posts about this and yours is the first I have come across.

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My share button works. I think there has to be a "share" compatible app installed on the phone. When I tap my share button, a submenu pops up and offers Evernote as an app to share it with. I haven't tried to find any other apps that work with the share button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress