Note 3 rear camera not focusing

Twisted Shadow

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My camera was working great for the past few weeks. Since couple of days, for no reason the rear camera is not focusing on objects correctly except for close up shots. The front camera is fine. Irrespective of the lighting conditions, the camera does not focus and is extremely blurry. Its like the camera is on perpetual "macro" mode. All my software are up to date and I have tried rebooting the phone many times. Nothing works..

I even tried searching this forum (albeit went only 20 pages). I am not sure if this is a software or hardware problem. Please help

Thanks

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Try tapping the screen and see if it focuses. You may have turned off auto focus

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Twisted Shadow

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Try tapping the screen and see if it focuses. You may have turned off auto focus

I have tried that as well as resetting the camera settings. Nothing seems to work. Or rather when I had taken to service center it worked!! And the back to square one. The close up shots works fine.. Nothing else.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking if you took it to service center and it worked fine and when you left it did not work again it must be user error.. Could be wrong but to me that's a viable deduction.. Go back and see if they make it work again and If it does ask them to show you what your doing wrong.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue from time to time, it's quite frustrating. I've shut off all special features in an attempt to get the camera to work properly. What irritates me is that sometimes it works flawlessly, and then other times it's just extremely buggy and won't focus to save its own life.

TheOnlyRick

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I took my camera to a Samsung repair shop in New Eltham, SE London. They were brilliant, less than half an hour later I had my camera returned to me, now focusing properly. (I was told by the repair place in Islington that it would take 'weeks'.)

I'm very pleased I held off rooting my phone for so long. (A day after the repair, I thought I would take the risk, so I've since rooted.)

beakerbob

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

My camera was working great for the past few weeks. Since couple of days, for no reason the rear camera is not focusing on objects correctly except for close up shots. The front camera is fine. Irrespective of the lighting conditions, the camera does not focus and is extremely blurry. Its like the camera is on perpetual "macro" mode. All my software are up to date and I have tried rebooting the phone many times. Nothing works..

I even tried searching this forum (albeit went only 20 pages). I am not sure if this is a software or hardware problem. Please help

Thanks

so, it seems it is an issue with the focus mechanism. once, it corrected for me with zooming in and out violently... sorry for the imagery... but most recently, just a light whack aganst something hard near the camera made it focus immediately(while i had the camera app open)