Ok serious help needed.

Scams

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I have an issue where almost everything on my phone, including the launcher, has been deleted (don't ask how, children can be a pain).

At this point I basically need to factory reset the phone. How do I re-download literally everything? I looked in the recovery and couldnt figure out if there was a factory redownload feature.

I looked solidly for 30 mins for an answer on google and couldn't find it so i hope this isn't one of those annoying questions asked every 10 mins.

Any help would be seriously appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain the apps are completely uninstalled, or do you just not see the shortcuts on the homescreen any more?

If the apps are truly gone, then open Google Play Store, swipe in from the left, and then tap "My Apps." Then tap "All"--you will see a list of all apps you've ever installed from the Google Play Store. Just pick the ones that are missing and install them.

If you installed apps from the Amazon Appstore, open Appstore, tap the upper left "a" icon, then "My Apps," and then "Cloud." This is a list of all of the apps you've ever installed from Amazon.

Scams

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
the phone will not start, there is no launcher, like i say, almost everything has been uninstalled (and i mean root uninstalled).

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Worse come to worst, you can use Odin to reset the phone back to 100% factory stock.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
To delete the OS, you would have had to have a custom recovery like TWRP/CWM. How a child managed to boot into recovery and do that is beyond me.
You can try flashing a stock ROM via Odin, but if the entire OS was actually deleted, it probably won't help.
You can get them from sammobile.com
Make sure you get the firmware for your exact model number

Posted via Android Central App

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow eyes on the back of your head comes to mind lol anyway yes sounds like you will have to flash the stock firmware or you could flash kitkat 4.4.2.

1) Make sure you download the appropriate firmware for your device.

2) Download Kies 3 and Odin 3.09

3) Boot into download (power off and then hold power, home volume down and then hit volume up - your in download mode)

4) once your drivers are installed open odin you will or should see a blue bar and added in the status box. Add your firmware into AP make sure the box is ticked beside it also, there will be a box that says update bootloader tick that.

5) Hit start to flash and enjoy 4.4.2 kitkat.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow eyes on the back of your head comes to mind lol anyway yes sounds like you will have to flash the stock firmware or you could flash kitkat 4.4.2.

1) Make sure you download the appropriate firmware for your device.

2) Download Kies 3 and Odin 3.09

3) Boot into download (power off and then hold power, home volume down and then hit volume up - your in download mode)

4) once your drivers are installed open odin you will or should see a blue bar and added in the status box. Add your firmware into AP make sure the box is ticked beside it also, there will be a box that says update bootloader tick that.

5) Hit start to flash and enjoy 4.4.2 kitkat.

He can't flash Kit Kat. That's only for the international versions, so flashing it onto his version could brick the phone.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
He can't flash Kit Kat. That's only for the international versions, so flashing it onto his version could brick the phone.

Wasn't aware that he wasn't using an international version - yes don't flash kitkat as you could brick your Note 3. So ignore that and just go for stock firmware for your specific model.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't aware that he wasn't using an international version - yes don't flash kitkat as you will brick your Note 3. So ignore that and just go for stock firmware for your specific model.

I'm not sure which version he has, but I'm saying it just in case

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes I should of made that point clear as that could of ended in disaster lol

I have been through the process quite easy once you know how. It becomes second nature. That said I was caught out with rooting on the Note 3's kitkat firmware and also custom recovery and yes I did soft brick (learning curve lol ).

Thankfully that is relatively easy to sort out and now I'm up and running with 4.4.2 with X-Note 8 rom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non