Can't change my network settings

tony b3

Dec 11, 2022
Visit site
I recently went from a Google pixel 6 back to my Samsung a13 and switched from Tmobile to Verizon. I got the pixel when I switched services. I was told the a13 was locked to Tmobile but was able to unlock it and use it with Verizon. I can't use Verizon's voicemail app cause its locked, no big deal. Plan to get something else but for now... my hotspot also won't work to connect my playstation 4. The internet works with the hotspot on the ps4 but there is a dns setting that won't let the playstation service work. So I can't sign in to update games or back up save files, all I can do is use the browser. It worked fine on the pixel and my a13 worked when I was still on Tmobile.

I can't seem to find any settings to change or any apps that will let me. My question is, is there anything I can do as of now? It's my understanding I'd need a Verizon branded phone or an unlocked out the box phone for my voicemail to work. I dont know how to root my phone and dont have access to a pc anyway. so will a factory reset even do anything? I did a network settings reset and the dns still wont work for psn. Is the problem tied to my phone being locked to a different service? If I even could find a way to change the network settings on my phone would my phone still be able to function as a hotspot or would that break the mobile connection?
Kinda wish I just kept the pixel as it was basically free and everything worked fine.
Android 12 btw.

Wasn't sure where to post, looked for networking or hotspot. mods, please help me out and put it where it should go.