Screen stops responding

Note 3 user

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I believe this is a usual problem. The screen does sometimes, mostly while playing games, stop responding to touches. It is solved temporarily simply by locking and unlocking the screen. I had this problem earlier, did a soft reset and was free from it... for a while. Now it is back and more intense than ever, it even happened while I wrote this text. I'm on XXUDMK2 firmware.
Does anyone know a fix to this or has received a later firmware update that solves it? Please respond if you experience it even if you do not know how to solve it.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I believe this is a usual problem. The screen does sometimes, mostly while playing games, stop responding to touches. It is solved temporarily simply by locking and unlocking the screen. I had this problem earlier, did a soft reset and was free from it... for a while. Now it is back and more intense than ever, it even happened while I wrote this text. I'm on XXUDMK2 firmware.
Does anyone know a fix to this or has received a later firmware update that solves it? Please respond if you experience it even if you do not know how to solve it.

yeah I was trying to turn my slingplayer on then I got a black screen. Only on the opening of the app. never had that during watching a show.
Maybe a few times I had the screen freezing on me but very seldom.

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try a restart. Maybe something hung up. Haven't had any issues myself but every time something weird happens I reboot and 90% of the time it's fixed.

ATT N3

Note 3 user

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have tried both restarts and soft resets but it does not seem to help. I am gonna contact Samsung for some guidance and post their reply here if someone happens to need to know what to do with this problem. And I believe the reason why it happens mostly while playing games is that it is caused by the infamous multitouch problem when I have both of my fingers in a parallel line in landscape mode.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have tried both restarts and soft resets but it does not seem to help. I am gonna contact Samsung for some guidance and post their reply here if someone happens to need to know what to do with this problem. And I believe the reason why it happens mostly while playing games is that it is caused by the infamous multitouch problem when I have both of my fingers in a parallel line in landscape mode.

there you go...it's a phone not a game player.....lol