Kingo Root Repeatedly Failing

tannerrblake

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I posted this in the Verizon forum, figured I'd give it a shot here too. I can't seem to get Kingo to work to root my Verizon Note 3. I've tried using a different cable, different computers (Win 7/8), made sure debugging was on, allowed apps from outside sources, unchecked verify apps via USB, etc etc. This is getting really frustrating, and any help would be a godsend!

Posted via Android Central App

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
There is bound to be another option other than kingo, I have rooted but im on the SM-N9005 but I used chainfire to obtain mine and yes that trips the knox counter and voids warranty.

Q - does it have to be Kingo?

Are you bother about voiding your warranty?

tannerrblake

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Not necessarily, but I'm relatively new to tinkering with my phone and Kingo is the only process that has made sense to me so far. :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Not necessarily, but I'm relatively new to tinkering with my phone and Kingo is the only process that has made sense to me so far. :)

The CF Auto root method was really easy. Took me less than 5 minutes

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

The process via odin is relatively easy, you would check over on xda developers for the file for your specific variant.

Download kies 3 - used for drivers

Download odin

Place your phone in download mode by turning off then holding power> home> volume down your in download mode press volume up. Then connect via usb to your PC.

Open odin place the file in PDA or AP depending which version of odin you download. Tick the box beside either PDA or AP. Hit Start and done.

Oh if it's successful it will show green with pass.

Sounds like a process but it is easy.

Last edited:

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The CF Auto root method was really easy. Took me less than 5 minutes

Yes thats what I was looking for im that used to saying chainfire same thing lol but it will appear on xda and most places as cf - auto root.

And yes its relatively easy.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The process via odin is relatively easy, you would check over on xda developers for the file for your specific variant.

Download kies 3 - used for drivers

Download odin

Place your phone in download mode by turning off then holding power> home> volume down your in download mode press volume up. Then connect via us to your PC.

Open odin place the file in PDA or AP depending which version of odin you download. Tick the box beside either PDA or AP. Hit Start and done.

Sounds like a process but it is easy.

Forgot to mention that he has to find the root file when he clicks AP/PDA

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Forgot to mention that he has to find the root file when he clicks AP/PDA

Haha thought that would be obvious dude :p but thanks for adding that yes look for the file you downloaded cf - auto root. I should of been clear obvious for me but for someone that has never been through the process my bad :p

tannerrblake

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll look into it. I don't even know what AP or PDA means though, it's generally the jargon that I don't understand haha.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll look into it. I don't even know what AP or PDA means though, it's generally the jargon that I don't understand haha.

It's just a button in the Odin program. You don't need to know what it means :)

tannerrblake

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll give it a shot, thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it. I'll let you know if I have any more questions. :)

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

You don't really have to, just have to remember that is where to place the cf - auto root file.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Alright cool. This process is just to root, correct? How would I go about installing a custom recovery?

Yes, that only gives you root access. For flashing custom ROMs you need to flash a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM first.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes and remember to get the correct recovery for your variant or it won't work.

Xda developers is a great site and very well organised to keep you right.

tannerrblake

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Alright, a lot of it is just confusing to me. I've been following android for years now, but this is my first foray into the development world haha. If anybody has any other suggestions for Kingo I'd still appreciate it, as I'd rather not void my warranty.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Alright, a lot of it is just confusing to me. I've been following android for years now, but this is my first foray into the development world haha. If anybody has any other suggestions for Kingo I'd still appreciate it, as I'd rather not void my warranty.

It seems hard until you actually do it. I was a complete noob not too long ago. I still cringe at the threads I created here asking for help lol

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Once you flash a rom that will trip the counter anyway dude well to my knowledge?

If you write the steps down its easy.

I have never used kingo so I don't have any info or suggestions sorry dude.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Once you flash a rom that will trip the counter anyway dude well to my knowledge?

If you write the steps down its easy.

I have never used kingo so I don't have any info or suggestions sorry dude.

Yeah, no way around that :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87