GOT IT!!! - Samsung Galaxy Note 3

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The lag. Poor signal in buildings. Too big. Too many buttons. Just more of an iPhone kinda guy

Tapped out on my GOLD 5S

Doesn't seem to matter what phone I've had, iPhone 4, 4s, S3, S4, N3, Nokia they ALL gave me bad signal inside buildings. Haven't noticed any lag on my N3 yet. Too many buttons?! One for one vs. the iPhone. I can see the size being a factor and liking iOS better but the other factors aren't really factors when they're across the board.

Posted via Android Central App

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The only phones that have good signal inside places seems to be Motorola, they have always been fantastic phones.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Such a bummer. I'm an apple fangirl and this is my first Android phone. I'm glad I stucked with it but I understand. 😃

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The only phones that have good signal inside places seems to be Motorola, they have always been fantastic phones.

They've always had excellent radios. Makes sense seeing as they invented the cell phone lol
iPhones seem to be pretty bad in that regard 😐

Sent via Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
They've always had excellent radios. Makes sense seeing as they invented the cell phone lol
iPhones seem to be pretty bad in that regard 😐

Sent via Tapatalk

Now now. Both my 5s' do just fine indoors as well as underground on the Metro subway.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Now now. Both my 5s' do just fine indoors as well as underground on the Metro subway.

My sister's 5 always has a few bars less than my S4, and Samsung isn't known for having good radios.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My sister's 5 always has a few bars less than my S4, and Samsung isn't known for having good radios.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

There are many variables, but I will say that my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II performed better than my Verizon Droid razr maxx especially in very low /weak signal areas. People keep saying how Motorola has the best radio, but this was not my experience.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I can't say I have experienced lag on the Note 3 even more so that I have rooted and removed The Samsung Apps I have no interest in.

To many buttons are you referring to the physical as that doesn't make sense there is only the home, power and volume, the IPhone has the same. Must be referring to settings etc.

I won't take anything away from Apple in terms of design and build quality.

But I am to attached to open source and the screen size is to small.

I do see apple bumping it up to 4.7" this year or maybe two options this and 5" and that and Ios tweaks will be quite something. But I like Android to much.

But you like what you like and that is cool. I would of given it more of a try though if I was in a vice versa I wouldn't be able to make that fast assessment but that's just me.

Bye bye android and welcome back ios lol congrats though enjoy your 5s again.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Maybe he just wanted the finger print scanner. It makesyou feel safer ya know?

Gator...be nice. Android is quite a different snake. He's used to iOS and there's nothing wrong him liking that bird. Heck, I like iOS myself.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Gator...be nice. Android is quite a different snake. He's used to iOS and there's nothing wrong him liking that bird. Heck, I like iOS myself.

LOL, I was being nice! I wasn't digging at the guy. I was just making fun of the 50% wonkiness of the finger print scanner....that's all! :)

Besides, the S5 has one too and I bet it's just as worthless!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
LOL, I was being nice! I wasn't digging at the guy. I was just making fun of the 50% wonkiness of the finger print scanner....that's all! :)

My 5s' fingerprint scanner works all the time for me. It's very reliable and super convenient.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Haha Yeh well from what I have seen from youtube videos the S5's scanner you must use it in a certain way using all of the finger to swipe down.

These scanners have been around and have failed. Now iris scanning that's another level but obviously Samsung is not quite there yet if that will ever materialise.

I'm more for the design and functionality with that one or maybe two little unique features, practicality and usefulness of the device.

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
iOS and Android are two very different beasts. I had a Ipod touch that I got back before having a smartphone. I can't stand iOS and actually traded it in with my last phone when I got my note 3 on Friday. Nothing wrong with ios but I love Android. I am quite happy with the note 3 so far. My reception is on par with my RAZR Maxx I just got rid of. I think the calls are clearer and this baby is fast. No lags but coming from my maxx which was lag city this baby just flies. Battery life is great. The way it conserves when in standby is awesome. I am really looking forward to seeing what this baby can do as I use it more. So far A+.

Posted from my Note 3

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
If I was given an Iphone FOC, I`d sell it ..just not on par at all to my Note 3.My wife bought me the latest Ipod for Christmas mainly to use with my Pioneer Headunit in my car and I just can`t get used to IOS7 at all....its just not easy to use and is too restrictive as regards pairing via bluetooth with anything other than Apple devices whereas my Note3,S3 and HTC One will connect to and play virtually any video or music format...Android FTW!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My smartphone NEEDS are simple. As long as I have polish in my apps I'm pretty set. Been there and done that with the customizing-the-phone thing.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32