Wifi not working correctly

delushin

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 3 from Telstra here in Australia.

I noticed that other day that even through I am connected to my wifi network my 4G up and down arrows are still working when it should be using my wifi for data, this happens when searching the net or using whatsapp etc.

I have read a little about there being certain programs that can cause this to not work as intended but none of the fixes talk to the Australian model that I have. My WiFi indicator is also only showing 2 bars even through I am right next to the router?

What do you guys need to help me work this out?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Does the phone have direct line of sight to the router?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 3 from Telstra here in Australia.

I noticed that other day that even through I am connected to my wifi network my 4G up and down arrows are still working when it should be using my wifi for data, this happens when searching the net or using whatsapp etc.

I have read a little about there being certain programs that can cause this to not work as intended but none of the fixes talk to the Australian model that I have. My WiFi indicator is also only showing 2 bars even through I am right next to the router?

What do you guys need to help me work this out?

Wifi actually works worse when you are right next to the router.

Hit the menu button while in your Note's wifi menu, select Advanced, and uncheck the Auto network switch option - this should fix your issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non