Upgraded to Note 3

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So i upgraded to the note 3 today and i am due to get the phone tomorrow was this a good choice ? or should I cancel it and wait for the new HTC One or s5 I currenly have the s4 and i enjoyed it but got fed up with Touchwiz.

Specs wise the note 3 beats the new htc and the s5 but is it a better phone? did i make the right choice or should i just wait.

Many thanks for your help

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
I think you made the right choice. Of those 3, I would have chosen the Note as well

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Note 3 is a fine phone. It just depends on your needs

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
All depends on what you like. I would have went with the new One given then choices

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I think the Note 3 is a great choice!! When you start out the size might bother you but you get used to it quickly, and you will Love the screen. No need for a tablet anymore - hell, I don't use my laptop anymore!!
The Note 3 is so much faster.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

Attachments

• 1395343180509.jpg
    1395343180509.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 79

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
You made a fine choice and don't live with regrets the Note 3 is a great all rounder and there will always be that device waiting around the corner.

So Enjoy the Note 3 when it arrives ;-)

Sent From the one the only the magnificent Note 3.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to AC Forums!!

And... yes the Note 3 is an awesome device! :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I don't think there will be anything to dislike about the device, but you can look I to the exchange policy just in case.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks for all the good comments i got the note 3 today and i love it so far its very similar to my s4 other than the size and speed/stylus. Can i ask what you people think the best rom is for the note 3 n9005 European version.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks for all the good comments i got the note 3 today and i love it so far its very similar to my s4 other than the size and speed/stylus. Can i ask what you people think the best rom is for the note 3 n9005 European version.

Glad to hear your enjoying and to answer the question what is the best rom for the N9005..

I have tried quite a few sweet rom, Beanstalk, Carbon, Echo, Fast & Famous & Foxhound but I always go back to X-Note.

I'm guessing you would like to retain S-Pen Feature's So avoid light Roms like sweet, Carbon, Beanstalk, as these are ASOP I believe and don't have these features therefore making it light.

I would recommend either Fast & Famous or My Favorite X-Note.

Last edited:

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I got mine recently - within the past month - and couldn't be more pleased. The first time you're on a phone call and pull out the stylus to take notes you'll start to realize just how good the device really is. Good luck with it!

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Glad to hear your enjoying and to answer the question what is the best rom for the N9005..

I have tried quite a few sweet rom, Beanstalk, Carbon, Echo, Fast & Famous, but I always go back to X-Note.

I'm guessing you would like to retain S-Pen Feature's So avoid light Roms like sweet, Carbon, Beanstalk as these are ASOP I believe and don't have these features therefore making it light.

I would recommend either Fast & Famous or My Favorite X-Note.

Do you think you could link me to were i can find the install files/instructions for xnote?

thanks

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

ConGrats on getting the Note3...Welcome to the CLUB

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Congrats!!

Love your note 3. Squeeze it. Hug it. Make it squeal. Then put the dang thing in a case before you accidentally drop it and start a thread asking how to fix it.

I'm loving my Note 3, S4, Galaxy Tab 3, Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop, 55 inch Samsung smart TV, Samsung Dishwasher, Samsung microwave, Samsung wireless sound bar, 2 Samsung blu-ray players, 3 Samsung monitors.....OMG, I just realized I'm a walking Samsung advertisement and showroom....kill me...please.

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the great posts guys. I have to say the note is a amazing phone but i am still not sure if i should return it for the s5 simply because the s5 is newer and has the new version of touch wiz.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the great posts guys. I have to say the note is a amazing phone but i am still not sure if i should return it for the s5 simply because the s5 is newer and has the new version of touch wiz.

You have obviously have not spent enough time with your Note 3!!
There is so much packed into your N3 it will take some time to explore! I've had mine 2 months now and I learn something new almost every day! Work with it.
Wait till your last exchange days then compare side by side.
I would be surprised if you left without your Galaxy Note 3 !!!!:D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

Last edited: