Was the antenna upgraded on the S23 Ultra?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I know they were thinking of adding satellite capabilities for emergency calls and texts, but that's not what I'm asking about.

When I upgraded to the S22 Ultra 5G from the prior newest Note, Samsung had done an upgrade to the antenna. I have some remote property, and the new S22 Ultra gives me a bar or two better and therefore ability to talk with HD voice vs no HD voice before due to signal issues.

So, does the S23 Ultra have a better antenna in it than the S22 Ultra 5G? This feature would help push me over the edge to do the upgrade.

Thanks

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Pretty sure it's the same antenna.
Are you talking about the modem? Because those are 2 different things.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I hope it's better then the S21+ because it was worse then the GS7. I had little to no service in many rural places i watch trains or in the country and the ATCS Monitor data will work on dialup speeds and they wouldn't even work with the 21+. The signal would cut out every 5 minutes. Almost everywhere i go in the country to take pictures of trains in ks the service is too weak on Verizon with the 21+. Same with my friend A51 i think it is. He gets even worse service. 0 bars when i have 1. No way i can watch the railroad web cams to see what trains are coming 100 miles away from my location.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The S23 series uses Qualcomm's X70 modem which is a more advanced 5G modem than the X65 used in the S22 series (USA variant). I find the S23U reception to be very good and for sure a small improvement over the S22U in fringe locations.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
The S23 series uses Qualcomm's X70 modem which is a more advanced 5G modem than the X65 used in the S22 series (USA variant). I find the S23U reception to be very good and for sure a small improvement over the S22U in fringe locations.

My husband's work he never had signal with his 22U he was off for a bit but went back last week and now has signal. At his work no one has signal unless they have t-mobile. He thought it had to do with towers and being by the airport. But we don't know he's just happy to have signal there now. I guess he could see if other Verizon people have signal now or not. I would like to think it's the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex432