action memo question

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Got the note 3 a couple of days back and love it..had to abandon my lumia after the horrible battery life i was getting.

Anyways, i am not able to figure out how to save more than one line of handwritten text as a task instead of a list? The handwriting recognition is awesome but whenever i type a long sentence that takes up two or more lines, select it and link to the organiser it saves as two items in a list instead of a single item for a reminder..

Is there a workaround for this? Also, there doesnt seem to be a pen only mode for the action memo...am i missing something here?? Its a teeny bit annoying to have to erase all the little dots and dashes your hand made while writing the memo to avoid the selecting them too when i link it.

Posted via Android Central App

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
The question (s) wasn't clear to me.. Maybe others understood it. Area you asking about handwriting input on a text field or action memo (which is not handwriting input on a text field but rather you simply write bitmap based lines on the pad). What's the relation between that and tasks? Are you trying to create a track list (in action memo?) Anyway maybe you could break down your post into questions or try to clarify?

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok..so what I am trying to do is open up action memo, and then write a line of handwritten text and link to the planner as I want it to be saved as a task with a reminder

When I write two lines of text instead of one and do the same thing, post the link to action the action memo automatically creates a list with the two lines listed as two list items instead of a single task. So I want to save a relatively long sentence as a task from the action memo, and it ends up showing as a list.

Hopefully that was atleast clearer than before?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I see what you mean, and I can't solve it - but this might help
puduzuvu.jpg

zy4u5udu.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
^^yup...so it does save as a list and not a task...

The only workaround is to link it and then complete the task in the input field of the task title I guess. ..

Thanks

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I think you are right. Start a sentence and finish it in Tasks.

Someone may have a solution though.

I wouldn't be too surprised.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Nothing yet. . Guess that's the way it is. .

No. but you've bumped this up the list. Try asking in this forum, I had no luck. I would like to know, although I don't use action memo much. :)

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
No. but you've bumped this up the list. Try asking in this forum, I had no luck. I would like to know, although I don't use action memo much. :)

I use mostly just the action memo. .. To not down and set reminders as and when I think of something. ..

Now, if only I could get an answer on my possible battery drain from the other thread I started... fingers crossed

Thanks anyways for checking

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I use mostly just the action memo. .. To not down and set reminders as and when I think of something. ..

Now, if only I could get an answer on my possible battery drain from the other thread I started... fingers crossed

Thanks anyways for checking

I meant to include a link to this other S-Pen thread if you want to try there also. Some heavy S-Pen users there. :)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3621118