Do you use the IR function to control your devices?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I'm playing around with the WatchOn remote more and am wondering if it can do macro commands like the other two for switching between inputs, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

Possibly not. I think it's limited but covers just enough basics. I can change between about 7 inputs on my tv, and get my PVR/Blue Ray player to change source, and channels etc. It probably depends on how much is on the source main menus. That box has a lot of deeper menus and settings that work off different buttons on the stock remote. It's untidy but I like the performance.
I don't think I can get into tv or pvr picture settings, but I will look when I get home. It was the same with the 'One for All' remote I bought.
A poster above or another thread is able to control a surround sound system with Watch On though, which surprised me.

I am going to try those 2 apps and see what else they can do.
Thanks for posting those.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Possibly not. I think it's limited but covers just enough basics. I can change between about 7 inputs on my tv, and get my PVR/Blue Ray player to change source, and channels etc. It probably depends on how much is on the source main menus. That box has a lot of deeper menus and settings that work off different buttons on the stock remote. It's untidy but I like the performance.
I don't think I can get into tv or pvr picture settings, but I will look when I get home. It was the same with the 'One for All' remote I bought.
A poster above or another thread is able to control a surround sound system with Watch On though, which surprised me.

I am going to try those 2 apps and see what else they can do.
Thanks for posting those.

Smart Remote IR is a bit tricky to set up, learn and use but once your familiar with it it rocks.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I see Watch On has been updated recently. It has controls on the Lock Screen (switchable).

Someone is gonna tell me it's always been there. :)

bradleyem

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I see Watch On has been updated recently. It has controls on the Lock Screen (switchable).

Someone is gonna tell me it's always been there. :)

Yep...always been there. At least as long as I've used it (for a few months). It even asked if you wanted the widget on the lock screen the first time that you run Watch On. I selected yes at first, but took it off because it got annoying.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yep...always been there. At least as long as I've used it (for a few months). It even asked if you wanted the widget on the lock screen the first time that you run Watch On. I selected yes at first, but took it off because it got annoying.

Thanks. This new version has a different layout and settings menu though, and put the lock screen widget on by default, so I had to find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38